Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 11:22 AM

Re: Always make sure you end the call after a phone conversation

I'll put a different view on this.
If she called you, why do it with another friend nearby? That would be odd and no excuse for her talking no matter how long.

If you phoned her (whist driving? Tsk!) she may have used you as an excuse for talking so long and not giving her friend full attention.
I've done that, when someone phoned and I had a visitor, blamed the caller for keeping me on the phone.

I would have shouted, "Oi! I'm still here ya know!" into the phone!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Lion Queen, while the response by your 'friend' may seem a little off-hand and throwaway, it's a rather puzzling thing to say about someone they have known for all this time.
With friends it's all about trust and I know from personal experience that my circle of friends do actually make remarks about each other when they are absent. We're still great friends although there is a bit of sniping going on sometimes. Nobody's perfect but people are not always what they seem and possibly your friend is showing some true colours.

Then again, maybe you do talk too much, who knows?
But I think your friend is simply making an excuse to the other person of why she has been so long on the phone, with you playing the scapegoat unknown to her knowing you're still on the line.

You could play a trick on her from now on though by casually throwing in the line "I talk a lot don't I?" each time she chats to you. That may begin to niggle her somewhat and get her very confused.
That's the sort of thing I would do Floydy, I might even say 'Tut! You can't get rid of me once I start'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
i am not surprised that you took this well, putting it in the perspective that 40 years of being friends says a lot more than an off-the-cuff remark. Good for you!

the only time i was on the other side of a conversation in which someone failed to hang up, it was my boyfriend...

Who fell asleep while i was talking.

Apparently i am nothing if not a dazzling, engaging conversationalist!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:31 PM

Oh ST,what a shocker...but I can't help laughing as I'm sure I've uttered those same words Myself in the past...luckily They didn't overhear them
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
why? We've been friends for almost 40 years, we none of us are perfect, I know she didn't mean any malice otherwise I would have ended the friendship, nar, I am not offended
40 years as friends means you know it was just good-natured banter.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 12:35 PM

Awww bless, Lion Queen, that must have hurt your feelings a little I'm sure, even though you took it in good spirit.
I wouldn't take any notice of your friend's remark, I'm sure she didn't mean it and spoke without even thinking about it. No doubt she would be mortified to know that you overheard her conversation with the person who was with her. She was probably just trying to be flippant and wanting her visitor to know how important she felt about being interrupted by the phone ringing during her conversation with her visitor. I bet she is really pleased that you took the time and care to phone and ask after her.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'll put a different view on this.
If she called you, why do it with another friend nearby? That would be odd and no excuse for her talking no matter how long.

If you phoned her (whist driving? Tsk!) she may have used you as an excuse for talking so long and not giving her friend full attention.
I've done that, when someone phoned and I had a visitor, blamed the caller for keeping me on the phone.

I would have shouted, "Oi! I'm still here ya know!" into the phone!
I phoned her whilst driving,no need for the tut Tessa my car is hands free phone you don't use your phone just speak through the car, it's a bit posh lol x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Awww bless, Lion Queen, that must have hurt your feelings a little I'm sure, even though you took it in good spirit.
I wouldn't take any notice of your friend's remark, I'm sure she didn't mean it and spoke without even thinking about it. No doubt she would be mortified to know that you overheard her conversation with the person who was with her. She was probably just trying to be flippant and wanting her visitor to know how important she felt about being interrupted by the phone ringing during her conversation with her visitor. I bet she is really pleased that you took the time and care to phone and ask after her.
In a nutshell SG this is exactly how i saw it. X
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I phoned her whilst driving,no need for the tut Tessa my car is hands free phone you don't use your phone just speak through the car, it's a bit posh lol x
What you doing with a posh car being a Yorkshire lass, Lion Queen? You'll give us all a bad name here
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 04:59 PM

Cor! My car still does smoke signals and morse code ( although that could be the exhaust rattling!)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top