Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Re: Poor little boy

The answer is the moronic adults who leave a child alone with a dog .
A dog that is not even his dog.

The problem lies not with the breed or type of dog ( I have known pit bulls who are the sweetest most loyal dogs )not with the dog at all but the irresponsible adults who own it.

Bring back dog licences .
Make dog owners whose dogs offend attend training classes as do motorists .
A dog like a car can be dangerous especially to a child.
The people who left this child alone with a dog are responsible for his death and should IMO be prosecuted .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 08:51 AM

We’ve passed that caravan park a few times, as we holidayed in looe for the last couple of years, it’s awful what happened so sad..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:07 AM

The child may even have taunted the dog, because he was bored on his own, but whatever happened i agree with Muddy on this. When will parents learn that children are a responsibility, so no child should be left alone ( even without a dog) at the age of 10.....especially till the early hours of the morning.
The report said that people had heard his screams, in the early hours, & contacted the police. Obviously not the person who was supposed to be looking after him, as they would have gone in if they had the key!

I care for my cats better than many care for their children!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:18 AM

In the report it says the mother was in the unit next door and the little boy was staying with the grandma. I don't think we need to reserve judgement on the dog it killed the little boy and it was known to be a violent dog.

It's the adults who allowed it to take place we need to judge. I love animals but if a dog needs to wear a muzzle as this one was known to have it should not be kept as a pet by anyone let alone be left with a child.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Anything could have happened .
The child could have wakened to go to the bathroom / look for his grandma/sleepwalked and inadvertently stumbled over the dog .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
At the moment we know nothing, except the tragic outcome.

I shall withold my opinion until we know the full story, although how will the police ever know what happened if the only witness has died?

Where were all the adults? Had the boy been alone all night - maybe he had because the devasting scene was discovered at 5 a.m. according to what I read.

What made the dog attack in such a manner? Had the little lad hurt him? Perhaps the adults even thought the boy would be safe to leave if he had a dog with him?

One report I heard said the mother was 15 miles away (why?), and the mother's friends who were supposed to be looking after the boy, were in another caravan.

We can't pretend to know what happened, other than allegedly some sort of neglect occured, and it went horribly wrong. Then the poor kid paid with his life.

We will hear more in time, no doubt.
I agree Mups. Lots of unanswered questions at the moment. All we know is that a child died which is really sad. I agree there must be some neglect involved.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
In the report it says the mother was in the unit next door and the little boy was staying with the grandma. I don't think we need to reserve judgement on the dog it killed the little boy and it was known to be a violent dog.

It's the adults who allowed it to take place we need to judge. I love animals but if a dog needs to wear a muzzle as this one was known to have it should not be kept as a pet by anyone let alone be left with a child.
the report also said that the mother was 15 miles away & somebody was looking after the child. Typical journalists "ask everybody questions & print whatever they tell you, without knowing the facts".
Whatever happened, somebody should have been with that child!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:59 AM

I wouldn't even trust Snot alone with a child. No animal can be absolutely trusted.

(Snot is the stray cat that we are yet to evict)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
the report also said that the mother was 15 miles away & somebody was looking after the child. Typical journalists "ask everybody questions & print whatever they tell you, without knowing the facts".
Whatever happened, somebody should have been with that child!
Twink, l read it was the mother’s friend who owned the dog who was 15 miles away. Apparently, she and dog were bloodstained and were trying to get home to Plymouth.

..but then again, that might even just be hearsay?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This makes me feel ill that poor little boy alone in a caravan being mauled to death by a dog .

This makes me more ill:

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

I guess we can all relax and not feel ill because this poor lad being mauled by a dog was just a part of God's glorious but unfathomable plan !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top