Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 12:37 PM

Assange Arrested

After seven long years hiding in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, Julian Assange the creator of `Wikileaks` has been arrested and charged with skipping bail to avoid arrest on charges of sexual assault in Sweden who issued an arrest warrant. Those charges have purportedly been dismissed but he's still wanted for questioning by the US on charges of releasing `confidential` information on his Wikileaks website.

The Ecuadorian ambassador allowed British police into the Embassy to make the arrest and have him removed, apparently because he was abusing their hospitality and carrying out actions that he was forbidden to do (interfering in foreign affairs and continuing leaking more information via Wikileaks).

An example of that you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 12:39 PM

Re: Assange Arrested

Hi

I am so pleased.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Disgusting.

Barack Hussein Obama really played this whole thing very badly.

If had simply given a metaphorical shrug, muttered "shit happens" and moved on it would have been so much better not to mention being forgotten about years ago.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 02:37 PM

There is some justice, waited for it a long time.

Moral of the story: If you want to keep stirring the pot, you better keep that apron on or you're going to get splattered.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:19 PM

Pot, allow me to introduce, kettle.

The ultimate narcissim, inflating himself to a godlike position of decision making because he believes everyone to be hiding behind the law...

only to be doing the same and worse for years.

Too bad for him that he's being downgraded on his choice of jail cells. Expect complaints about the dial-up internet speed and lack of sushi.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Disgusting.

Barack Hussein Obama really played this whole thing very badly.

If had simply given a metaphorical shrug, muttered "shit happens" and moved on it would have been so much better not to mention being forgotten about years ago.
Hi

So you support someone who gave away information about those who protect us and are happy to see them killed.

Not my thing at all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So you support someone who gave away information about those who protect us and are happy to see them killed.

Not my thing at all.
In this case yes.

Moreover there is no proof or even suspicion that anyone was killed or injured as a result of the information that wikileaks published.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11882092

What did occur was huge embarrassment to the Barack Hussein Obama government in particular and the Democrats in general as well as exposing the opinion that the American department of state officials have of their so called friendly nations and their leaders.

Assange did the world a huge favour by blowing the cover where the duplicity - and worse - that the American government had been up to.

Assange deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.
BritGuyUSA
United States
BritGuyUSA is male 

11-04-2019, 04:14 PM

Deport him for the suspected sexual assaults by all means, but to pander to the USA who are going to use Assange as a political pawn is sick!

PS, it won't be Trump who made this happen but the CIA &/or FBI who have their daggers out again!
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 05:13 PM

A disgrace.

The Swedes had dropped the sexual assault charges, but once Assange had annoyed the Americans by exposing their war crimes, suddenly the charges came back into play. Clearly, a stitch-up.

Assange has no chance of a fair trial in the US.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 06:53 AM

I agree

Also:
"This WikiLeaks is like a treasure trove," October 31,2016 and "Boy, I love reading those WikiLeaks", November 4,2016.

Now : "I know nothing about WikiLeaks. It's not my thing."

Guess who said that?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top