Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Re: Do You Have A Television In Your Kitchen?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes we've got one Arty....
Most evenings I watch it while preparing meals.
'Pointless' keeps me company while I prepare and cook a meal, 'The Chase' is my prefered choice while eating said meal, and something on 'Quest' (preferably something Australian) while washing up the pots.....

Because the sound quality of a 19" TV is rubbish, I patch it through the house music system which has large speakers in the kitchen ceiling and that overcomes the sound of extractor fans and boiling kettles.

I can also attach this laptop through the system and listen to selected music on youtube in excellent quality. My neighbour reckons it's pretty good anyway. Being a digital TV I can also receive hundreds of radio stations also.....

Prior to having the kitchen refurbished I hard wired everything in, so not a cable in sight....
Gosh, Foxy. That sounds impressive. You’re not just a pretty face but a multi-talented man. Preparing food, cooking it, DIY, playing sweet music. What more could a woman want?

Now, please go into the other room where your wife is and tell her, ‘You landed on your feet, when you married me’!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
No,My laptop sits on the kitchen table and I've burned too many dinners when I've been on that without having a tv to distract Me as well ..My radio is on in the kitchen most of the day though,
May, I have burned so much food getting too engrossed in a forum.
Even when l was writing this thread, my bacon got a bit overdone!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So, are you as sad as me and have a television in your kitchen?
Not as sad as you. There’s no tv in our kitchen. Lol
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Mortica, why have a TV Licence if you don't ever watch TV.

I have just renewed mine as well, so expensive and yet there is nothing to watch only repeats and loads of adverts.

I do have a small one in the Kitchen, I sometimes listen to the radio on the TV.
Susie, What make is your television in the kitchen as although mine is a slim one, it’s not digital. Is yours on the wall? I would need one to fit on the arm bracket.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 10:55 AM

No, nor in the dining room but we do have a TV in the sitting room and library. We have a small set that we have in the summerhouse but bring it indoors in the winter.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 11:58 AM

how can you be posh without a tele in the kitchen? and a dog bed

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 12:01 PM

I also have a tiny kitchen but can see mine in the lounge.

I'd have one in every room if I could.

The one in the bedroom is too high up at the moment, to be viewed, so not put it on since doing up that room. With the dog chewing all cables I have to be careful. Did have one outside the bathroom but I believe it must have stopped working, as I got rid of it at the recycling depot.

Waiting for the one in the lounge (36) to go pop so I can upgrade to something much bigger. LOL.

I much prefer tv to the radio.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 12:03 PM

No, no TV in the kitchen, it's too small for a TV, but I can see the living room TV if I lean on the work top & look through the serving hatch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Not as sad as you. There’s no tv in our kitchen. Lol
Mmmmn... Bratti. The jury is still out on that one!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-04-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
how can you be posh without a tele in the kitchen? and a dog bed

realspeed, My television is similar and situated just like yours.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top