Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2019, 11:06 PM

Re: Drinking.

I don't drink half as much as I used to. I used to hang my head in shame taking all the whisky, gin, and vodka bottles to the bottle bank. I'll be lucky if I had one bottle of beer or a shot of spirits once a week now.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 05:39 AM

Hi MC.
The Beerhouse looks like a smart place. Enjoy your day out.
The "sour" beer you had last time sounds as if it may have been a real ale that was past its expiry date. Sometimes if a brew isn't a particular popular one and not enough people drink it, then it may have gone off.
A good pub keep their hand pumped real ales in good condition with a quick turnaround of the barrels. That's the beauty of these kind of drinks - there are so many to choose from and unlike lagers or John Smiths bitter etc they are not chemically treated. They are naturally brewed. Porters, golden, amber, stout, blonde...there is something for everyone.

After working nights all week I look forward to a Saturday afternoon out with my pals tasting good beer and catching up with conversation. I drink about six pints and I'm fine.
Occasionally I'll go out for a meal with my wife and either drive (so only have a pint) or have just a couple with my food.
On Friday nights I stay in catching up with the week's telly and have 2-3 bottles of ale at home.

I used to be a heavy drinker years ago when I was younger and during my time in the RAF too but that's a big part of the Forces isn't ut?

I've calmed down a lot over the years but still enjoy a good blow out now and again, especially if I'm at a party or music concert.

I'd be interested which beers you try on your afternoon out, MC. A tip...ask for a "blonde" or IPA. Not too strong, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:58 AM

Never drank any form of beer or lager ect, the smell makes me gag.

My drinks depend on who i'm with...work related meetings ect.

However my choice of drinks are, chardonnay, hate champers.
cider (in a wine glass of course !!)
Bombay sapphire & lemonade,
Some cocktails,
Some Fruity wines.

Most of the time i buy clients their alcohol, & I have coke in a wine glass !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Was never a 'beer' man, - detest the stuff - have a far too-sweet tooth to touch beer, much prefer spirits - my tipple being a good Brandy. First thing in the morning, circa 06.45 ish a large mug of black coffee with a small tot of Brandy to sweeten it - sets me up for the day !!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:07 AM

I like Gordon's pink gin with lots of ice and slimline tonic....throw in a few black cherries and jobs a good un
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Red wine for me With food ....

I used to knock back a few pints in a session, but not for years now. In fact, the last time I visited a pub was more than a year ago.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muffinhatz ->
My new favourite thing is Rhubarb and Ginger gin. Delicious.
Muffin, Doesn’t the rhubarb which is a natural laxative, make you go to the toilet?
I used to make rhubarb wine and that did!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I like Gordon's pink gin with lots of ice and slimline tonic....throw in a few black cherries and jobs a good un

Pink Gin used to be flavoured with Angastora Bitters which turned it pink, so what now flavours and colours it Summer darlin' ???
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 02:07 PM

I still drink more than my share of most things. My excuse is that, by taking more than average, I'm helping to prevent someone, somewhere from overdoing it.

One of my best memories, of wine drinking, was when I made one of my fairly regular visits to Mainz.

There was a restaurant there which did a special dinner.

If you signed up for it, they would whip off the table cloth and replace it with a Table Cloth Map, which showed the German rivers, and the major vineyards thereof.

All the vineyards were shown with a circle drawn on the table cloth.

Upon each circle they would put a large wine glass.

Then they would fill each glass!

Wonder if it's still there?

I'd like to give it another go.

Oh, and the food was great as well.

scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 03:21 PM

My favourite tipple is an Islay malt whisky.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top