Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:17 AM

Re: Are You An Empath

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I also agree with this.

I think floydy sometimes thinks people are judging him and certain posts make him question himself when a particular post is absolutely nothing to do with him.

Chill Floydy, don't do what I do and overthink things, xxx
I'm well chilled, Lion Queen and I was complimenting you on dealing with your many issues at the moment. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time being kind but ho hum
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Floydy, you worry too much.

You are an absolutely genuine guy and it shows in your posts about your family and the littlies.
Thanks mate, same with you. I think we're misunderstood sometimes
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 05:07 AM

LQ, I share Pyxell's view that this is a gift that you should cherish. That said, you will have to be sensitive to your own needs. The people in your life are most fortunate that you care about them so deeply, but no one wants you to become emotionally involved to the point that your health and well-being are compromised. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm well chilled, Lion Queen and I was complimenting you on dealing with your many issues at the moment. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time being kind but ho hum
Oh dear, I think you totally misunderstood what I meant floydy, I certainly wasn't meaning to put you down, i.m grateful for the compliment, sometimes it's very difficult to get across what we mean in here.

I wish I hadn't said anything now . Sorry if I offended you, it certainly wasn't intentional
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-06-2019, 05:25 AM

Oh dear, I think you totally misunderstood what I meant floydy, I certainly wasn't meaning to put you down, i.m grateful for the compliment, sometimes it's very difficult to get across what we mean in here.

I wish I hadn't said anything now . Sorry if I offended you, it certainly wasn't intentional
No please don't worry, LQ. It's my fault, I'm not in a great place emotionally at present. I should have worded my post better. My apologies
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 05:31 AM

Hi

LQ, you offend nobody, absolutely genuine.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
LQ, I share Pyxell's view that this is a gift that you should cherish. That said, you will have to be sensitive to your own needs. The people in your life are most fortunate that you care about them so deeply, but no one wants you to become emotionally involved to the point that your health and well-being are compromised. Take care of yourself so you can take care of others.
Thank you SM . I.m fine, don't worry, I do think too deeply and wish I didn't. The reason I posted this is to see if anyone recognised themselves in my post as I find the whole subject of empath interesting. X
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 06:20 AM

Thank you SM . I.m fine, don't worry, I do think too deeply and wish I didn't. The reason I posted this is to see if anyone recognised themselves in my post as I find the whole subject of empath interesting. X
Hi

I have an empathy with the innocents and abused.

That does not however make me a good person.

I am a total nightmare to the abusers.

I wish I could be more sympathetic and understanding, a better person.

I have my failings, I can live with them, I have learnt to.

I will never change.

Terrorists, rapists and kiddy fiddlers are an issue for me.

I am not the nicest person when it comes to dealing with them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Yes I am an empath and at times life can get intense.
It took me a while to distinguish between mental disorder and this gift to be able to feel more than the average person. Sometimes these two overlap making it frustrating but empaths are known to be emotionally intense people.

It makes walking through malls or places with lots of people , very uncomfortable at times but the biggest problem comes when we take on other people negative emotions. Some people have the ability to turn off this ‘so called’ gift. Unfortunately I’m not one of them so I view it as more of a curse than anything but there are times when being this sensitive is pure joy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes I am an empath and at times life can get intense.
It took me a while to distinguish between mental disorder and this gift to be able to feel more than the average person. Sometimes these two overlap making it frustrating but empaths are known to be emotionally intense people.

It makes walking through malls or places with lots of people , very uncomfortable at times but the biggest problem comes when we take on other people negative emotions. Some people have the ability to turn off this ‘so called’ gift. Unfortunately I’m not one of them so I view it as more of a curse than anything but there are times when being this sensitive is pure joy.

I am too Bratti. It is something that has become less intense as I've gotten older. But as a teen and in my twenties it could be incredibly painful dealing with emotions of others. I could literally get a headache when someone else had one. It's certainly not a gift, more a burden to have to feel the pain of others.

I have managed to tune out a bit over the years. I really relate to walking through a mall or anywhere with crowds of people. Or being on a crowded train.

It hasn't made me a nicer person, but I am certainly more open minded about people's motives and behaviour than I would be had I not been so sensitive to their emotions. I don't get easily offended because people have all sorts of reasons for the way they are. I have always thought the people who are ratty and rude are more likely to be nice people inside. They are being themselves. It's those who pretend to be nice that I am wary of.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top