Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 06:56 AM

Re: Why does the brain remember?

Dads Hillman was FPJ 28 my first car a Ford Anglia was 842 CMU
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 10:45 AM

It,s strange how the brain 'remembers' things but has forgotten others. My pre school days (Early 1930s) are fresh in my memory. I can remember vividly the son of my neighbour sitting on his doorstep playing When I Grow too Old to Dream on a piano accordion. I can remember the hunt chasing a fox across our garden. I can remember my first day at school. I remember getting the cane for running away at playtime. All this before I was five years old but can I remember things from my teens ? Can I heck.
But I can remember the number on my first motor byke LWV 10. One thing I, and every other ex serviceman will always remember and that is my army number.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Your childhood phone No. is used as a security question in this digital world. Something only we know, can't be guessed or googled, and something we are unlikely to forget as our parents told us not to.
Good advice d00d. I like that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I watched a program about The Brain and how it works last week.
I can't remember what they said now

You and me both..... it was you wasn't it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2019, 12:20 PM

I can remember most of my old car reg's, telephone numbers and my Dad's car reg's as well. With my current car, I had to make up a mnemonic to remember the last few letters. (I also need a mnemonic to remember how to spell mnemonic).
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:27 PM

In reality the brain actually remembers everything you have ever thought at an unconscious level. Under hypnosis, all this information can be accessed.
Not that you’d want to but it can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-06-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
First phone we ever had in the late sixties - 01484 30060. Always kept in the hallway as indeed most were in those days.
I just tried ringing that and got through to a brothel.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 04:58 AM

I can remember my account number.

The letters and number that I type in,to log into off.

For me,Iff I do something often,then I can remember.

My mobile number I can't remember,I use it quite a lot lately,but for some reason I am not interested in remembering the number,which I find a bit odd.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 08:46 AM

I can't remember my mobile phone number - nor the pin numbers for my credit & debit card..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can remember most of my old car reg's, telephone numbers and my Dad's car reg's as well. With my current car, I had to make up a mnemonic to remember the last few letters. (I also need a mnemonic to remember how to spell mnemonic).
I never have to worry about that, my car rego number is always the same, well, at least since 1990.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top