Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Re: The Simple Things in Life.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Where we lived when I was of primary school age was just outside of the capture area of the school most Jewish kids attended, and my early school life was pure unmitigated hell as a result. But I certainly learned a lot while there.

I learned that my family had killed Jesus, that our bins had padlocks on them, and that we washed lavatory paper. I also learned that I had my horns cut off shortly after birth. I learned that if someone gobbed phlegm on the ground I was expected to pick it up.

Get the picture?

I learned just what monsters most kids are and I learned to hate, even at five years old.

As I grew I learned that mostly adults are kids that have learned to mask their inner feelings.

Learning these things has proved much more valuable than anything else that I learned in life.

Whenever I hear kids laughing it takes me back.

Very insightful post,AT,.. understand and hear you.
I hope that doesn't sound patronising.
The simple things I love are,walking,cleaning,cooking,gardening.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:22 PM

It would drive me up the wall.

I really don't like kids.
According to your profile you have a son
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
According to your profile you have a son
I do.

I can tolerate him most of the time.

Well maybe a little more than tolerate him - but he's our kid which makes all the difference!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:27 PM

I do.

I can tolerate him most of the time.

Well maybe a little more than tolerate him - but he's our kid which makes all the difference!
Same here. Two of my grandkids have just been here for two hours. After a while of them punching me in the stomach and bashing me around the head I get a little tetchy with them. Love 'em to bits though I've usually had enough after an hour or so.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
You were one yourself once or perhaps you still are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:54 PM

They built a school in the fields below our house, it's also our polling station.
Can anyone tell me why kids have to scream en masse in the playing field, it's bedlam at play times & lunch times.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:21 AM

Artful Todger, that was an honest and understandable reaction to that noise. I worked with kids for years and really do hope that they are more aware of how their words and behavior can affect others.

I also hope you have found some healing in having your own child, and I imagine that given your past that you reared him to be more empathetic towards others.

Peace to you.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Artful Todger, that was an honest and understandable reaction to that noise. I worked with kids for years and really do hope that they are more aware of how their words and behavior can affect others.

I also hope you have found some healing in having your own child, and I imagine that given your past that you reared him to be more empathetic towards others.

Peace to you.
FWIW one of the first lessons that my son learned at the school that he attended was that nothing changes. If anything the lack of parents acting like parents has resulted in kids becoming even more nasty and selfish, just look around at how they behave now, especially the "teens and twenties' that now should be extended to thirties.

Socrates wrote how "Children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.

Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannise their teachers."

Which represents the generation gap in practice and forgetting what people themselves did when young but what has happened since the 60's is fresh territory.

Brought my own kid up to have more empathy?

Oh please!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 06:55 AM

Kids are just little adults AT, some are genuine some are not, give no quarter, just in case.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:16 PM

I found a lovely house near a school .
Mr M thought it was the pits .
Actually I like to hear children playing .
But I had to admit their mums 4x4 s blocking up the access road could become a tad annoying .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top