Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:10 AM

Re: Nhs

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I had an automated phone call today.
From the NHS
Asking me to confirm my appointment,

If one doesn't cancel their appointment,"..then just doesn't turn up.

Tha automated voice told me,it costs the NHS....£160.
I'd be curious as to how much the system generating the phone call costs and who gets paid for it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd be curious as to how much the system generating the phone call costs and who gets paid for it.
Indeed!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That crossed my mind too Annie. After my husband has had an appointment at the hospital, and these are quite regular appointments, he always gets an automated call asking for his views on his treatment etc. If he is not here they ring again until they reach him. How much must that cost too if they do it for every outpatient?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2019, 12:06 PM

I know what you mean Margaret, I get GP survey letters all the time. Imagine the postage and work in circulating those! It's not just the phone calls but all the systems in place to get the information from the hospitals. I guess it's good that someone is monitoring the services and asking patients what they think but I wonder how many actually respond and whether it's worth the money.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In my appt letter,it does state,that if you fail to turn up at the hospital,to see your consultant.

You will be handed back to your GP.
I think that is the norm Pauline.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top