Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:11 AM

Re: Vegans V Meat eaters

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Let's face it unless there is a major castatrophe like a plague or world war the planet is Donald ducked .
Yep!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:49 AM

The way I look at it is this:-
Your body is the most valuable thing you possess, without it you will no longer exist, and it's your responsibility to look after it. Not the saving the planet guru or the Media, YOU! They don't give a monkey's about you and they won't help you when your body breaks down.

Your body needs a whole load of nutrition, vitamins, minerals, carbs, fats and proteins to name but a few. The Chinese have a theory that you should eat a minimum of 22 different things per day. We are not talking quantity here, we are talking variety so that your body can extract the things it needs to grow healthy and strong and I believe It's totally wrong to restrict it for whatever reason.

Someone is making a load of money out of brainwashing people into believing that they can save the planet. The planet will exist with or without us, but if we want to live here for as long as possible we must reduce the population or stop it from growing any larger, or like locust we will strip the planet bare.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:56 AM

I think you got the thread title right LD? meat VERSUS vegan?
The vegans do seem to be on some sort of crusade dont
they?
I'm planning to visit my daughters family in London soon
and cant wait to see if there is any bacon in the fridge
when l get there?

Regards Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:02 AM

I could (quite) happily live without meat, fish too.

But not eggs and dairy products.

In fact, I don't believe anyone can.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:05 AM

We are not really natural meat eaters though are we ?
Our intestines are too long ?
We are omnivores rather like pigs
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Yes people can and do. With the right combination of foods, it’s very possible.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Did you know it takes 72 gallons of water to grow half a kilo of avocados? Or a gallon of water to grow every single almond?
There must be something wrong with modern agricultural practices. Both avocados and almonds thrive naturally in hot dry climates.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

I could too, I don't really like meat except chicken breast. I don't mind fish but I could live without that too.

I think I could quite happily be vegetarian but not vegan
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

03-07-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes people can and do. With the right combination of foods, it’s very possible.
I wouldn't be happy without cheese. I don't even much like most vegetables without cheese sauce on top.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I could too, I don't really like meat except chicken breast. I don't mind fish but I could live without that too.

I think I could quite happily be vegetarian but not vegan
Me too. If fact I’m trying it. Yesterday I purchased a cheeseless cheesecake with cashew ice cream substitute and it was awesome.

I like chicken also but I’m doing it due to a metabolism disorder, not to save the planet.

I’ll probably still eat turkey at thanksgiving, turkey and Easter.
Only because I don’t wish to be one of those PITA specialty food eaters That can get annoying for ALL concerned.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top