Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:29 PM

Re: Those Bastard Greeks and Italians

If it wasn't for the Italian and Greek immigrants,the Aussies would have just British cuisine.Think of that!
(Not forgetting the Germans and their wine)
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
If it wasn't for the Italian and Greek immigrants,the Aussies would have just British cuisine.Think of that!
(Not forgetting the Germans and their wine)

Nothing better than an Ozzie pie and no Greek influence there.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
They're just protecting copyright, so what's the problem. Don't the Ozzies have anything of their own to market to the world, or are they only capable of copying others?
No problem at all. As I said before they can call it "Bluey's Jungle Juice" for all I care. But as to the second part, Is that a rhetorical question?..or do you actually want an answer.?..If it's the second one, here's a list of things that Australians from all walks of life have invented and many of which have been marketed very successfully to the world. A few of them were in partnership with people from elsewhere but there was no copying involved.There's lots more in the field of science, medicine, the arts and everyday household application. You can take my word for this list. But if you have doubts, I invite you to check them all out of course. You can start with Wikipedia and work your way from there. May your research be fruitful and enlightening. It always is for me

Black box flight recorder
Polymer banknotes
WiFi
Spray on skin
Stump jump plough
Feature film (First made)
Atomic absorption spectroscopy
Synroc
Flame ionisation detector
Orbital engine
Hills Hoist
Rotary mower
Dethridge wheel
Race cam
Cardiac pacemaker – jointly with the Danes.
Penicillin
Cochlear implant
Electric drill (First one patented)
Winged keel
Permaculture
Ultrasound scanner
Inflatable escape slide for aircraft
Gardasil and Cervarix cancer vaccines
Frazier lens
World Series/One Day/ 20-20 Cricket
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
No problem at all. As I said before they can call it "Bluey's Jungle Juice" for all I care. But as to the second part, Is that a rhetorical question?..or do you actually want an answer.?..If it's the second one, here's a list of things that Australians from all walks of life have invented and many of which have been marketed very successfully to the world. A few of them were in partnership with people from elsewhere but there was no copying involved.There's lots more in the field of science, medicine, the arts and everyday household application. You can take my word for this list. But if you have doubts, I invite you to check them all out of course. You can start with Wikipedia and work your way from there. May your research be fruitful and enlightening. It always is for me

Black box flight recorder
Polymer banknotes
WiFi
Spray on skin
Stump jump plough
Feature film (First made)
Atomic absorption spectroscopy
Synroc
Flame ionisation detector
Orbital engine
Hills Hoist
Rotary mower
Dethridge wheel
Race cam
Cardiac pacemaker – jointly with the Danes.
Penicillin
Cochlear implant
Electric drill (First one patented)
Winged keel
Permaculture
Ultrasound scanner
Inflatable escape slide for aircraft
Gardasil and Cervarix cancer vaccines
Frazier lens
And look at all the problems THEY have caused.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:15 AM

And look at all the problems THEY have caused.

Who's "they"?...The inventions or the Australians?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top