Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:51 PM

Re: Hot Air Balloons.

Brill pictures Meg & Mags.

We have an annual event here as well, Meg.
This year's is coming up next month, and loads and loads of them will be floating over that day.

https://www.thenorthamptonballoonfestival.co.uk/

My friend's husband took her up in one for their wedding anniversary, but I must admit I wouldn't go in one, I'm too much of a coward.

P.S. Just thought - why is this in Gardening?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just had two go over my garden, probably viewing the Gorge.
You wouldn't get me up in one.
I think I'd prefer a dirigible
It is a wonderful experience, TessA. Went up in one a couple of years ago, going up is fine - coming down can be a bit bumpy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Same here in the summer Tiff, they fly right over our house. There is a new black cat balloon going up this year, I hope we’ll be able to see it.

Wow, Mags, that is brilliant - will watch out for it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:02 PM

Always seeing balloons round here, nearly everyday, they go up from the knavesmire, and we have the balloon fest in September..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We get lots around here particularly when it is The Bristol International Balloon Fiesta ...

https://familymatters-uk.co.uk/event...alloon-fiesta/
some come this way .

I love to see them they are magical My neighbour went in one for her birthday and hurt her back.

What a lovely show...I always wave at them..

Sorry about your neighbours back.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
They are around here all the time in Summer.

I love the colours on that one,Tiff.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-07-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Always seeing balloons round here, nearly everyday, they go up from the knavesmire, and we have the balloon fest in September..

I have never seen a balloon fest,..just the odd one or two,...they must take up a lot of room,when deflated on the ground.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

13-07-2019, 10:46 PM

Same here in the summer Tiff, they fly right over our house. There is a new black cat balloon going up this year, I hope we’ll be able to see it.

I bet the children would love watching that one,Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 11:07 PM

The international Balloon Shown is 8th - 11th August this year.

The Suspension Bridge is closed to traffic and pedestrians from 6:00pm - Midnight as the volume of traffic and pedestrians crossing it could create structural stresses on the bridge.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 11:11 PM

Oh dear Meg, that’s a shame about your neighbour. I wonder if she hurt it when landing? We all had to sit on the floor of the balloon with our legs bent to brace ourselves for the impact when landing.
Yes Mags they were landing she is only tiny under 5' and got thrown around.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top