Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

14-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Re: Smells of Yesteryear

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Whilst out shopping in B & M today I spotted something that took me right back to my childhood and just had to buy it. What was that Lion Queen I hear you say, well it was some shampoo called VOSENE.

It took me right back to my mum washing my hair and that distinctive smell and I got all emotional.

I've used it tonight and it doesn't quite smell the same but it still does have a hint of it.

Fancy getting emotional over a bottle of shampoo, I'm a right softie me.

I also remember the smell of Mums panstick makeup she used to use. Also Belair Hair Lacquer. She smelled of Coty L'Aimant and Tweed.

What smells takes you back and remind you of your Mum.
Bleach!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:37 AM

I remember being at my grannies she had one of those old Yorkist Range ovens by the fire and winter or summer the fire was always lit. The smells of fresh baked bread Yorkshire puds rhubarb pies and the like always filled the house.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I remember being at my grannies she had one of those old Yorkist Range ovens by the fire and winter or summer the fire was always lit. The smells of fresh baked bread Yorkshire puds rhubarb pies and the like always filled the house.
I can almost smell that lot, now I m hungry mmmmmm
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Devon Violets and Fryer's Balsam.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Devon Violets and Fryer's Balsam.
Ooh I remember Devon Violets Tess, weren't they those lilac coloured sweets, usually wrapped as a tube in see-through paper?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:43 AM

Oh yes Twink, I forgot those!
No, I meant the perfume. If anyone went to Devon my Mum always asked for a bottle to be brought back.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:45 AM

Oh I remember that too. we used to buy it when we went to Torquay, but not sure who used it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Mmmm, how wonderful, Summer.

Smells like those, along with fresh cut hay, are better than any concocted man-made perfumes any day.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Nivea cream reminds me of my Mum, she always had a pot on her dressing table - I still use it for smooth heels and elbows and get the scent when I open a new pot, the scent fades after it has been open a while.

My Mum also used Oil of Ulay (Olay as it is now) and I do too. When she was in the nursing home for her final days one of the nurses often commented to me on how lovely my Mum's skin was.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Nivea cream reminds me of my Mum, she always had a pot on her dressing table - I still use it for smooth heels and elbows and get the scent when I open a new pot, the scent fades after it has been open a while.

My Mum also used Oil of Ulay (Olay as it is now) and I do too. When she was in the nursing home for her final days one of the nurses often commented to me on how lovely my Mum's skin was.
My mum used oil of ulay too and cyclax cream.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top