Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Re: Good morning Sunday

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

May have, something similar, but atypical.

It is red, painful, breaking through the skin and oozing a clear discharge.

I get through an entire kitchen roll in a few hours.

The reason they are not sure it is cellulitis is that it is tracking down a scar which runs from my groin to my ankle and not spreading round the leg.

They have taken blood tests and surface swabs, back tomorrow to get the results.

I have been told to take my things with me as I may have to stay in for a couple of days for IV Antibiotics.

The problem is that it is my "good" leg, the one that does all the work.

I am somewhat run down at the moment because I still have the skull swelling so am more prone to infection.

Such is life, I will survive.
Swim I know you don't want to but I think a couple of days in hospital are just what you need... total rest, other patients to chat to & no ability to see jobs that need doing.
You haven't been well for quite a while, but it is never the same illness.... which indicates that you are more run down than you think!
Now that you are in a town & don't need to drive, when you are at home why don't you see if there are any classes you may enjoy? You may find that being with other people, who enjoy the same thing, will give you something else to think & talk about... and a happy mind can lead to a happier body!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:04 PM

Re: Good morning Sunday

@Swims

Wishing you a speedy recovery
And if you do need a stay in hospital then make the most of the rest and recuperation x

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top