Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:03 AM

Re: Living without Drama

Personally I don't believe it's possible to live without some kind of drama in one's life. We are human beings and as such are fallible, that's just a start. If we have families they can also cause so many problems, and for me have done so for the last 40+ years of my life.

Yes, we can think the dramas can be sorted by letting them, as adults, get on with it however, that in itself causes problems. We are then labelled 'selfish' and 'unhelpful' despite the thousands and thousands of hours – time out of our lives – we give to them totally voluntarily, until adulthood and beyond.

If we don't have families then there is probably still the drama from being on one's own. It's always nice to have some help occasionally and to share things but often not much chance of that as a singleton. The order of the day often seems to be 'couples' only, any other status seems not to be accepted by some.

All in all I reckon the only way to survive this life with less chance of drama, is to remain positive, see what's going on around you and take the best route to have the happiest life possible.

The one remaining problem with that though – someone stole my sat. nav. and I still haven't found the best route!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:14 AM

Its fine living without Drama, but, its harder not having the occasional Soap Opera.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:21 AM

If a drama was made of my 69 years on this planet it would be deemed less than credible, it is so dramatic and then some.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:04 AM

I can't imagine life without drama , mine has been one big drama from the day I was born .

I feel I have lived many lives in one, at least it has made me a self-reliant and resilient person able to really appreciate this period of calm in my final years.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:08 AM

I'd like just one year without any dramas.
I could write several books if I could be bothered.
I just seem to be a drama magnet!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Its fine living without Drama, but, its harder not having the occasional Soap Opera.
From the odd times I have seen any Soap Opera they all seem to have their own resident Drama Queen – that way you get the best of both worlds I guess!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:48 AM

I think there are two types of ‘drama’.

Normal drama and ‘Drama’ with a capital ‘D’!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:56 AM

I think I'd quite like some "normal" drama for a change, it would be a doddle!

I often wonder why some people make huge a fuss about "normal" stuff, but, I suppose if you don't get much a bit of stress is a big thing.
It's like not ever being ill, then you get something, your body's not used to dealing with it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 10:22 AM

Life itself is drama. When we are young, we believe we have this wonderful life ahead of us where everything we try will turn out perfect but in reality, that is mostly crap. I think there is a certain age where we suddenly realise that life is just something that comes before death and that we need to fill it with 'Stuff' to stop us going insane. Drama is always there, avoiding it is the hard part.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Life itself is drama. When we are young, we believe we have this wonderful life ahead of us where everything we try will turn out perfect but in reality, that is mostly crap. I think there is a certain age where we suddenly realise that life is just something that comes before death and that we need to fill it with 'Stuff' to stop us going insane. Drama is always there, avoiding it is the hard part.

I agree with this ^^^ drama is either there, or only just round the corner.
It is part of life, it is not possible to avoid it.
It is how we handle it and come through it, which is more important.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top