Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Hairdressers

I hate having my hair cut and the way hairdressers 'pretend' to listen to what you ask them to do then go ahead and do something quite different

I have just been to have my hair trimmed and came back scalped .
Now I know I said I am trying to be a recluse but this is ridiculous, I will need to hide or wear a hat until around Christmas ....
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Oh Grr for you Meg

I hate when you just get a hairdresser 'trained' to the way you want your hair and you feel you can go without worrying about what the result will be ... and then they go off to London, or have a baby, or join a cruise ship or something - and you have to start it all again

(There are nice hats about now, and the weather is getting cooler!)
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 05:51 PM

They always cut it shorter than you asked don't they? How annoying for you Meg, had mine cut too short only last week and the family say 'Oh that's nice' (fibbers).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Oh Grr for you Meg

I hate when you just get a hairdresser 'trained' to the way you want your hair and you feel you can go without worrying about what the result will be ... and then they go off to London, or have a baby, or join a cruise ship or something - and you have to start it all again

(There are nice hats about now, and the weather is getting cooler!)
DM I had this one 'trained' , I think she was cross because when she asked 'how it had been' I said it had been difficult because she had done it differently last time .
I only go to her because she will just do a 'cut' for £20, I object to paying £40 the going rate around here for a cut and blow dry.
Originally Posted by maryl ->
They always cut it shorter than you asked don't they? How annoying for you Meg, had mine cut too short only last week and the family say 'Oh that's nice' (fibbers).
Mary I always 'get in first' and say don't anyone mention my awful hair ...
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Costs exactly the same here Meg, so I just ask for a wet cut and by the time I've walked home it's dry (albeit sticking out all over the place).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 07:05 PM

I suppose I am lucky as I've had the same hairdresser for the last 20 years. He knows exactly how I like my hair, and I trust him implicitly.

He is coming up to retirement age and I hate the thought of having to change to another stylist sometime in the future
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 08:19 PM

I hate going to the hairdresser - so I don't go - she comes to me about every six weeks. - I don't like to sit around having my hair done for very long (its no luxury or treat for me anyway). I think I have more say in what she does if she's in my home. I shampoo it myself before she comes and she gives me a wet cut. I give her the drink of tea and I always tell her not to take too much off. When she has gone I dry my hair and finish it off myself.
Last time I went to a hairdresser I rang up afterwards all cross with the result and accused the poor woman of making me look bald - so I never dared go back.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 10:01 PM

I need to send you my Ian, Meg.. I go in sit down and never come out the same twice, but i trust him totally. I always have a colour you know roots etc and sometimes some foils to add a little depth. Hes the first hairdresser that i fully trust and not only that hes a lovely bloke too

Saying all of that he isnt cheap, it costs me for a cut and colour about £52 every 5 weeks.. but he has changed me and my style totally and i love what he has done.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 10:13 AM

I know what you mean about just getting a hairdresser trained and then they leave for whatever reason.
The girl that has been cutting my hair for 13 years has got another job during the week and only cuts have on a saturday and it is getting very difficult to book an appointment with her and because it is a small salon i end up waiting for her so sometimes my hair gets to be a bit of a mess.
These are the sort of changes i do not like
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I hate having my hair cut and the way hairdressers 'pretend' to listen to what you ask them to do then go ahead and do something quite different

I have just been to have my hair trimmed and came back scalped .
Now I know I said I am trying to be a recluse but this is ridiculous, I will need to hide or wear a hat until around Christmas ....
Oohhh you poor thing, I know just what you mean. I fell out good style 8 years ago with a Hairdresser. I had asked for just the ends tidied up......she took around 4 inches. I went nuts. I kicked up such a stink with the Salon that they didn't take payment and said my next Hair appointment would be for free too. I told them to shove it as I'd never be back. When my hair reached my waist about 4 years later it really needed seeing to. I had this lass recommended to me and I saw she was very young and so I asked her.....Right before you start, do you know the difference between just the ends and 2 inches? She was very surprised but answered yes of course. So I said ok then ...Just the ends off please. That's what I got and she's been doing my hair since that day with no problem.. So ladies........It pays to ask and test, Try it.

You do NOT mess with Rox's hair.....and get off with it.
I'm a Leo...and I love my Mane.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top