Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Re: Hairdressers

I have a lovely hairdresser who comes to my home every 6 weeks. She does my Mother and myself. I find her rates very good, as I have mine coloured/re-touched, a trim, blow-dry and sometimes the use of hair straighteners (depending on my mood at the time) All that for £30.

On reflection, I suppose I am providing the hot water and electricity and sweep up the hair from the floor.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 04:05 PM

I actually live with my hairdresser, so I don't have to wait too long for an appointment, she knows exactly how much to cut, her prices are reasonable and she never talks about football...perfect...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I actually live with my hairdresser, so I don't have to wait too long for an appointment, she knows exactly how much to cut, her prices are reasonable and she never talks about football...perfect...
come to think of it, my OH lives with his hairdresser too ....ME!

The things we do for our men!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
My OH lives with his hairdresser as well! and he owes her a small fortune - he never pays her or even gives her a tip
jennywren
South West, UK
jennywren is female  jennywren has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2011, 06:02 PM

Ha ha that's a hoot aerolor!

My OH sometimes cuts my long, brown hair for me but the grey is overtaking & as his neice is a moblie hairdresser methinks (!) it's time for her to help me pretend it isn't!!

I've always shied away from hairdressers as they rarely do what you ask & cost a lot!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 12:02 AM

My Wife used to always do mine for me, but now her eyesight is not as good as it was (who's is), so when she accidently clipped my ear it was time to go it alone. I bought one of those electric clippers and got used to handling it after a while so it's no bother now and my ears are still on my head.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 04:51 PM

Its years since I went to the hairdresser, my hair is long and curly, I trim it myself and add a colour from time to time.

When I used to go I was never happy with the result, so decided not to waste anymore money and do it myself, I cut my husband and children's hair, its saved us a fortune over the years
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
Its years since I went to the hairdresser, my hair is long and curly, I trim it myself and add a colour from time to time.

When I used to go I was never happy with the result, so decided not to waste anymore money and do it myself, I cut my husband and children's hair, its saved us a fortune over the years
I cut my OH's hair too ......or what he has left of it!
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 06:51 PM

I cut OH's as well. A number one with the clippers
The hairdresser I go to only charges £6.50 for a cut & they do a great job of it. They have won loads of competitions ect so I'm surprised they are so cheap.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 05:13 PM

I had a really good hairdresser for 9 years then i left the area .so i went to one here that was supposed to be good and i said how i wanted it and he rudely said you will get what you are given anyway it wasnt how i wanted and i was upset..so i now travel to tony & Guy in coventry by train to the manager who trained my hairdresser where i used to live and i am happy even though its a pain travelling..I like my hair in a certain way its short and fine and gets over thick so i want it so i can just dry it quick and make it stick down..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top