Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 08:42 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by callumsmum ->
I had a really good hairdresser for 9 years then i left the area .so i went to one here that was supposed to be good and i said how i wanted it and he rudely said you will get what you are given anyway it wasnt how i wanted and i was upset..so i now travel to tony & Guy in coventry by train to the manager who trained my hairdresser where i used to live and i am happy even though its a pain travelling..I like my hair in a certain way its short and fine and gets over thick so i want it so i can just dry it quick and make it stick down..
Good grief, how rude!!! That is one of the reasons I don't like stepping into these so called salons, some of them seem so up themselves.

Welcome to the forum by the way
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Sorry to butt in here Ladies, but talking about rude hairdressers, I remember my missus coming back from the hairdressers in very bad form, I asked her what happened, 'That cheeky bugger in the salon". She said. "What did he say to you my dearest". I asked. "I asked him to make my hair nice and he felt through it with his fingers, put on a sour face and said. "Would you not try Lourdes Madam?".
I laughed and got a belt of her handbag.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 10:47 PM

You nutter

Never know when to take you seriously
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Sorry to butt in here Ladies, but talking about rude hairdressers, I remember my missus coming back from the hairdressers in very bad form, I asked her what happened, 'That cheeky bugger in the salon". She said. "What did he say to you my dearest". I asked. "I asked him to make my hair nice and he felt through it with his fingers, put on a sour face and said. "Would you not try Lourdes Madam?".
I laughed and got a belt of her handbag.
You have a way of telling your stories, Jem ........ I'm actually believing them and then you throw in the punchline!!!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 12:05 AM

I am my husbands hairdresser. Clippers number 1.
I have a friend who comes round and cuts mine. She knows how I like it.
callumsmum
warwickshire uk
callumsmum is female  callumsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 05:21 AM

Costs a fortune to get a simple cut and you expect it to be good..I am happy with the man who cuts it now shame i couldnt have found someone here in Rugby to do it though .I did try two different hairdressers and both useless..My husband is cheap he cuts his own he just rubs clippers over his head..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You have a way of telling your stories, Jem ........ I'm actually believing them and then you throw in the punchline!!!
That's exactly what I do Mags, I get caught by Jem every single time
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 02:44 PM

i hate going to hairdressers...i cut hubby's...usually cut my own...but get fed up after a while and try the hairdresser....last time i went there.....when i got home my hubby....who never really notices if I've had my hair cut.....took one look and swore......it really looked horrible and was not cut straight at the back....so i won't be back there....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 03:32 PM

I cut my husbands and he cuts mine, we used to take turns clipping the dogs but neither need that now.

What amazes me is he just bluntly cuts across the back of my hair and the style is just how I like it and free, go to the hairdressers and they spend an hour messing around it never looks right and they charge me £40 for the experience !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2013, 03:55 PM

This picture reminds me of such a time - back from the hairdressers

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top