Join for free
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Re: Forum manners

I'm serious, all you people complaining about manners would definitely be much happier on a forum where members are being censored when speaking freely just because some moderator or wannabe moderator needs to justify their existence.

ps I agree with Patsy for a change.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:53 AM

But this is about serious subjects being derailed causing some people to just decide to post in the frivolous silly threads, no problem with that if that is what they want to do not so good if they have something important they want to add to a serious thread.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But this is about serious subjects being derailed causing some people to just decide to post in the frivolous silly threads, no problem with that if that is what they want to do not so good if they have something important they want to add to a serious thread.
Yes but you (and me) added to that, by responding over and over - you gotta know 'when' its a lost cause and quit
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Is it really that hard to simply ignore 'silly' comments and stick with the serious conversation?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:56 AM

I know I am terrible for that I always want the other person to understand so do keep going longer than I should.

Sorry that was to patsy.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

16-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Well, this really has developed into a very serious discussion.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Kal - you will 'never' find a forum where everyone is pleasing to everyone else !
Seems ridic to even discuss these minor issues because there is no solution
moderator wise - its something you have to deal with yerself. Unless - a person is a right obnoxious jerk that should be banned !
This is one of the most mild-mannered forum I've ever been on but I guess if someone hasn't experienced the worst of forum life, they may see things differently. It could well be that they want to be able to post but feel reluctant due to the responses of some. Does that bother me? No, not really but it does bother those who want to discuss the thread's intended content.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well said.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

16-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
but it does bother those who want to discuss the thread's intended content.
And they are free to do so, there is nothing to stop them, is there?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Boils down to this *clears throat*

Some people are naturally 'picky' some people aren't

On occasion, the ones who aren't picky may sometimes be stressed out and become overly picky, thus adding to their stress .... and that can make them more picky ... and stressed .... and picky

On and on it goes ... a never-ending tale of woe until the whole thing (and all the onlookers) are worn out

Mostly, if I don't like what people are saying, I skip through their posts or ignore them (their posts)

Do I need more stress in my life ? ... nah

thank you

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top