Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 06:07 PM

Tesco value?

We don't normally use Tesco at all, apart from the occasional visit for something specific but my wife went there on a whim on Thursday and got the following: - 6 Pork chops, 10 Cumberland Sausages & 2 steaks - all for £10.

Of course the proof will be in the eating but I've worked for a butcher years ago so I do know a little bit about meat and the chops look fine, as do the sausages.

Steak - well it can be a let-down but a TENNER for the lot?!

We went back and got a Tesco Meal-Deal yesterday 'cos my wife fancied one in particular and we got it; main dish, side dish & sweet for two plus a decent bottle of Spanish wine for a TENNER too.

Again the proof will be in the eating but they all look pretty good and the wine's not bad either. stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 06:20 PM

Re: Tesco value?

M and S also do '3 for £10' the quantity in each pack may be less though but still good value.
Hope yours are tasty
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 06:22 PM

When I first got married and had to live on what my husband earned, I remember going to a freezer centre and saw these Grade B chickens quite cheap. At that time, I didn't even know that chickens were graded but I bought it anyway - it only had one leg

I'm often a little wary of things that seem too good to be true but then I can be a cynical old so and so
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Well as you say steve - the proof is in the eating - let us know what you think of the food, once tasted .....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 08:28 PM

I never buy beef in any form from Tesco here because it is rubbish. I used to buy pork there, but having raised our own pigs, I realised how tasteless Tesco pork was! The lamb isn't too bad, but the Co-oP's is better.

In fact, I buy very little fresh food from Tesco - even at bargain prices. I hope your bargain turns out a lot better than I can buy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 10:02 PM

We swapped from sainsburys to Tesco last year and save a lot each month, their value tomato soup is lovely as are their 3 grain crackers. Loads of bargains compared to sainsburys and morrisons we found.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 11:29 PM

I still think our Asda has the best deals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 09:33 AM

That's possibly true we would have to go to the other side of town and there is a little one there so it would cost more in petrol and they don't deliver so I can even get them to bring it to us.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
When I first got married and had to live on what my husband earned, I remember going to a freezer centre and saw these Grade B chickens quite cheap. At that time, I didn't even know that chickens were graded but I bought it anyway - it only had one leg
I'm often a little wary of things that seem too good to be true but then I can be a cynical old so and so
I'll check how many legs on the sausages, chops & steaks and let you know ben!

We normally do our food shopping mostly at Aldi then ASDA but it was my wife's idea to check at Tesco but it's not something we're likely to do often.

Tesco is the nearest supermarket to where we live - easy walking distance but ASDA's not that far up the same road.

Aldi unfortunately means a car ride so that's why we 'do' Aldi then ASDA on the way home - normally.

One thing I noticed at Tesco though - it was very quiet!

We saw that ADSA's car park was much on our way over to Tesco but were surprised by just how quiet it was - and it is a large store. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-01-2014, 12:17 PM

Tescos is always quiet when we go in too but I always put that down to the fact no many people around at 4am

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top