Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 01:24 AM

Re: They should get life imprisonment

Indeed, those who didn't stop to help are just as culpable as the thugs here because to my mind they were condoning it by their inaction.

Had I seen it, there wouldn't be much I could do as a 64 year old woman with no mobile phone, but I would definitely have flagged down another car for the use of their phone and would have called for an ambulance and the police immediately.

It makes me sick to think people could just drive past. How would they feel if that victim was a father, husband, brother of theirs?

I do despair of the human race sometimes. If they'd seen a dog being kicked they would have stopped. I always say, think about it, and bring it home.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
For this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25810333

Daft! Think about it. What do you then give to people who commit murder? 2 life sentences?

If beating people gives you the same sentence as murder why not murder them as well?

Remember "Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb"?

A long sentence might be desirable but they have to be graduated otherwise justice loses all meaning.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Daft! Think about it. What do you then give to people who commit murder? 2 life sentences?

If beating people gives you the same sentence as murder why not murder them as well?

Remember "Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb"?

A long sentence might be desirable but they have to be graduated otherwise justice loses all meaning.
But think about it do we really want people like that living next door to us or walking the streets where our loved ones do ?

I would rather live next door to someone who murdered a person in an argument or their husband or wife or something than these people.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Why not a life sentence Bruce - its attempted murder ..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
As I tried to say you have painted yourself into a corner, you have left no more serious sentence to give to someone who actually does murder someone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 10:58 AM

Why cant it be on the same scale - there have been cases of serious brain damage - blindness etc. The person harmed and their family have a life sentence ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:03 AM

I agree Patsy also as I said they could be more dangerous to society than someone who only killed a partner.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

22-01-2014, 11:08 AM

Why cant it be on the same scale - there have been cases of serious brain damage - blindness etc. The person harmed and their family have a life sentence ...
Because if the sentence is the same then instead of just beating someone to rob them they might as well murder them as well. That way there is no witness but if they do get caught the outcome is no different.

I did quote the expression might as bell be hanged for a sheep as a lamb. In other words if you are going to be hanged for stealing a lamb then you might as well steal a sheep.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2014, 11:10 AM

I see your point - but I also feel when they are kicking the life out of someone they are not thinking on those terms at all, when they walk away they have no idea if that person will survive ...
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:25 PM

Kicking someone repeatedly in the head - I would say that's attempted murder too.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top