Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 01:13 PM

Online Purchases

I 'm going to have a grump about buying things online and later on being quizzed on the purchase.
It really bugs me because so many companies are doing this now and I don't want to be questioned on everything I buy.
You don't get someone lurking in any other shop doorway quizzing you about what you've just bought and wanting to know all the ins and out of what you thought of the goods and place of purchase, so I don't to have to expect to do it online either.
Does anyone else object to this?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Re: Online Purchases

Its a bit tedious Mups - if I feel like it I do it, it may help someone buying the same thing. If I dont, I wont.
Dont feel you 'have' to do it gal - you dont ....just delete
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I 'm going to have a grump about buying things online and later on being quizzed on the purchase.
It really annoys me because so many companies are doing this now and I don't want to be questioned on everything I buy.
You don't get someone lurking in any other shop doorway quizzing you about what you've just bought and wanting to know all the ins and out of what you thought of the goods and place of purchase, so I don't to have to expect to do it online either.
Does anyone else object to this?

Yes Jean darlin' - so I don't answer and just delete it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its a bit tedious Mups - if I feel like it I do it, it may help someone buying the same thing. If I dont, I wont.
Dont feel you 'have' to do it gal - you dont ....just delete

Yes, I know you're right Patsy, but it happens on just about everything I buy now and they've often got about a 100 reviews already. Would you mind being stopped in every shop you went in and questioned about your purchases do you think?
I have done one or two reviews in the past, but I'm blowed if I'm going to do them at the rate they're coming now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 02:35 PM

I don't mind giving reviews it may hep others because I often look for reviews before I buy. What annoys me is when I buy something and example would be a mattress we bought it 3 years ago and have been contacted at least weekly ever since with bargain emails/phone calls about mattresses we may like to buy, or amazon I bought a tin opener and now recommended purchases tell me all the tin openers I might like.

Why would I need another mattress or tin opener ? don't they have faith in their products ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I know you're right Patsy, but it happens on just about everything I buy now and they've often got about a 100 reviews already. Would you mind being stopped in every shop you went in and questioned about your purchases do you think?
I have done one or two reviews in the past, but I'm blowed if I'm going to do them at the rate they're coming now.
Agree with you - when you see the Email, delete immediately, then you wont be annoyed, over in a flash - we have enough to contend with
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-01-2014, 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=Julie1962;405740]I don't mind giving reviews it may hep others because I often look for reviews before I buy. What annoys me is when I buy something and example would be a mattress we bought it 3 years ago and have been contacted at least weekly ever since with bargain emails/phone calls about mattresses we may like to buy, or amazon I bought a tin opener and now recommended purchases tell me all the tin openers I might like.

Why would I need another mattress or tin opener ? don't they have faith in their products ?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Agree with that Julie. Gets on yer wick don't it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 03:16 PM

I've noticed that when I buy products from marks and spencer and have it delivered to the shop for me to collect a couple of days later I get an email from them asking me about the product, I just delete it.

Having said that I also look at reviews to see what it said about some things before I think of buying.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 04:30 PM

I don't object to being asked....like others have said, I do it if I feel like it or I dont .

It's no big deal to me either way.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 08:09 PM

Think on most sites there is a box you have to untick so you don't get theses E mails.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top