Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 03:29 PM

My new Fridge

My son bought me a new fridge for my birthday/Christmas pressy. It has just this minute been delivered and - guess what? The flippin cable and plug is shorter than my previous fridge and doesn't reach the socket, so I can't plug it in!!!
Don't know what to do, any ideas?
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 03:35 PM

Re: My new Fridge

try an extension lead Mups....see below

http://goo.gl/PcxC7f
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 03:49 PM

You can as said use an extension lead or you can have a longer lead fitted, but you need to speak to the company before doing so and get in writing it doesn't invalidate your guarantee.

Or you can have a socket moved - we did that it's fairly easy to do if you know a bit about electrics.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
try an extension lead Mups....see below

http://goo.gl/PcxC7f
....yes an extension lead like this one will be fine http://www.amazon.co.uk/Extension-Le...extension+lead
..this is 3m so I would check the two lengths together are long enough

You should be able to get one from a local hardware shop rather than waiting for a delivery..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 04:50 PM

Feeling a bit tetchy today Mups and this has made me tetchier !
Why are they skimping on the lead, it should be a decent length - Grrrr
Good luck gal x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Feeling a bit tetchy today Mups and this has made me tetchier !
Why are they skimping on the lead, it should be a decent length - Grrrr
Good luck gal x
They assume we all live in new builds where the socket is under the worktop right behind the fridge space, never mind those who don't.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 05:30 PM

A lot of things have a silly length of lead - one of those things that gets me goat ....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 05:52 PM

Ah I'm sorry to hear that Mups.
I think (but I don't know) these companies are making leads shorter because people are always complaining about wires and cables everywhere, my wife is one of them, so they try to please the customer and as usual make a balls of it, in the meantime pick up a short extension lead, they come in all lengths and are fairly cheap, until you sort it out with them, it would just be your luck if the thing didn't work when you plugged it in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 01:05 AM

Thanks for your advice everybody.
My son forgot my birthday in December, so he said for a combined birthday/Christmas present he would treat me to a new little 'under counter' fridge. I've been looking forward to it arriving and then blow me, when it did, I couldn't plug it in.
One of the delivery men was only a youngster, but quite pleasant, the older one was completely unhelpful and said his job was only to deliver it and wouldn't even offer any ideas what to do. I was told if I cut the plug off to put a longer cable on it, it would immediately invalidate the Warranty.
Then promptly cleared off.
I went to our local electrical shop and got a 1 metre extension cable, as you all suggested and after the permitted time, I plugged it in.
But someone 'up there' must have been looking after me because an electrician called in tonight to drop something off on his way home and when I showed him, he fixed it for me, bless his heart. So I'm a happy bunny again now.
Thanks again everyone.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-01-2014, 08:50 AM

Glad that's sorted out Mups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top