Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:51 AM

At last!!!

You may all be pleased to know that my original consultant appeared this morning, admitted I shouldn't still be in this much pain, has reviewed/added pain relief, and letting me stay one more night!!

I will still put in a complaint about the Aussie guy who kept seeing me, and fobbing me off, being 'adamant' on the drugs prescribed. It's been cruel to let me spend days (to yesterday) sitting on the loo sobbing!

All other plans still in place: care home updated and my friend, now with his girlfriend, who could help.

His ex said she was sorry she couldn't visit as she's busy, but I told her I'm happy enough with the nurses and my fellow bedmates.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Re: At last!!!

Jazzi so glad that you have finally been given the proper meds that you need.

My heart goes out to you suffering for all that time. Big hugs and kisses for a speedy recovery
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Jan darlin' - an Aussie 'backwoodsman' Doctor. - now I understand why you're in so much pain. So now your original Consultant is on the ward - go tell him OROMORPH!!!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 12:51 PM

So pleased that you have finally got a result Jazzi
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Thank goodness Janet but I am appalled at the treatment (or lack of) you've had so far
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Me too. However, hold your horses. Apparently it may just be codeine! They think I won't be taking paracetamol or ibuprofen with me.

Might be back to square one but I'll find out in the morning.

In the meantime...not working...

But don't worry, I'll get on to it.
Thanks all. (Lunch was shit, by the way.)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 02:09 PM

As I said on another thread Jan darlin' - you should be given BOTH Zapain (Codeine & Paracetamol) AND Oromorph so that you can alternate between them at 2 hourly intervals.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

22-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Right, here's what I've just done. Told a nurse I was making an official complaint, via PALS, she went to get sister who, guess what, was on her wsy to a meeting!

So I phoned them anyway. Bitch would tell me not to interrupt but let her speak, but suggested they called the on call anaesthetists. So I now have more delay till she's back.

They are sending me off with paracetamol and codeine.
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 05:40 PM

Jazzi you are having a terrible time, you really shouldn't have to kick up a fuss for effective pain relief. I hope things improve soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

22-01-2014, 07:23 PM

Update. About 4.45 a junior doctor appeared about the conv home paperwork and as I'd seen him before told him of my actions. He gave surprise that it had come to this and what events led up to it.

Long story short. Letting me go back on oxycodone from tonight and will talk to surgical team about letting me go off with maybe a week's supply. Still not had my dose now, sposed to be at 6! He did insist it was a morphine and therefore controlled drug and I said, no wonder, it had helped. I said I was galvanised into my action when realising the codeine wasn't helping and all staff had been aware of the severity of the pain suffered. And my lady consultant saying this morning it was unusual to still suffer.

I am afraid that up until last week I had nothing but good words to say about this hospital and feel badly let down.

The sister did come to see me and I told her everything. She said she would ve with the team on their rounds and hopefully could back me up.

They had better not refuse that drug tomorrow.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top