Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:27 PM

Re: At last!!!

[QUOTE=Jazzi;406265]Update. About 4.45 a junior doctor appeared about the conv home paperwork and as I'd seen him before told him of my actions. He gave surprise that it had come to this and what events led up to it.

Long story short. Letting me go back on oxycodone from tonight and will talk to surgical team about letting me go off with maybe a week's supply.
QUOTE]

I might well be wrong Jazzi, but I believe this drug is an "Opioid" analgesic, so is the Oramorph, so I suppose that's why they wouldn't let you have the Oramorph as well.
Much as I can understand how you want to get out of there, better to stay until you're more confidant things are alright, then have to go back again if anything goes wrong.

(By the way, they didn't want my Mother to have Co-codamol and Oramorph together).
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:34 PM

But in my opinion, what is wrong with just oromorph, and leave out the codeine?

I read up on the oxycodone and don't renember seeing 'morphine' mentioned!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But in my opinion, what is wrong with just oromorph, and leave out the codeine?

I read up on the oxycodone and don't renember seeing 'morphine' mentioned!

No, I meant the Oxycodone is the same family of drugs as the Oromorph. I have no idea why they wouldn't give you that instead, but can see why you couldn't have it as well as.
I have a drugs book here, and I looked it up for you.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 01:47 AM

Jazzi, I'm so sorry you are still having such pain. But what is niggling in my mind is WHY is there so much pain? I don't think it's normal, and wonder if you need them to look at it in more detail to find out the cause.
Hope it gets better very soon.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 07:34 AM

I intend asking them to have one last look before I leave today, just to be sure the surgery site is ok.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Jazzi, I'm so sorry you are still having such pain. But what is niggling in my mind is WHY is there so much pain? I don't think it's normal, and wonder if you need them to look at it in more detail to find out the cause.
Hope it gets better very soon.

Absolutely agree with that Orangutan.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 01:10 PM

Sounds like you are having a frightful time-hope the CH is much better. You need a lot of pampering !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

23-01-2014, 01:54 PM

I am so bloody pissed off!!! Still here, still waiting for the pharmacist to arrive with the oxycodone. Nurse has taken the codeine out of my bag and I don't even have paracetamols or ibuprofen to take home!

This aftercare stinks.

Spoken to my friend who tells me not to worry but it is going to be a long day for us all. I'm concerned that he'll want to rush me when I reach home inbetween because I have a lot to think about. I at least have to collect my bank card.

Someone has just checked my meds and said she was confused as I'd had paracetamol and ibuprofen written up and why I didn't have them.

Tried to persuade friend to take me to sussex tomorrow but he said he'd rather get it all done in one day. At least his g/f is with us.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

23-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Just asked them if I'm getting pain relief before I go. Not had anything since 7am. Do you get the feeling I've been abandoned?!! Drugs trolley usually comes round at noon.

Angry. So angry!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 02:13 PM

Jan darlin' - you have every reason to be angry, - what has happened to you shouldn't have been allowed.

I note what Jean (Mups) has told you: (By the way, they didn't want my Mother to have Co-codamol and Oramorph together). Which is absolute rubbish!!! - My Hospital gave me TWO x 100 ml bottles of Oromorph, PLUS two boxes of Zapain (Dihydrocodeine & Paracetomol) in the same bag when I was discharged from hospital following my bouts of surgery.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top