Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 02:27 PM

Re: At last!!!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I am so bloody pissed off!!! Still here, still waiting for the pharmacist to arrive with the oxycodone. Nurse has taken the codeine out of my bag and I don't even have paracetamols or ibuprofen to take home!

This aftercare stinks.

Spoken to my friend who tells me not to worry but it is going to be a long day for us all. I'm concerned that he'll want to rush me when I reach home inbetween because I have a lot to think about. I at least have to collect my bank card.

Someone has just checked my meds and said she was confused as I'd had paracetamol and ibuprofen written up and why I didn't have them.

Tried to persuade friend to take me to sussex tomorrow but he said he'd rather get it all done in one day. At least his g/f is with us.
Janet I know its annoying but try not to get upset about all this, stress makes you tense up and that can increase your pain.

I hope the journey to Sussex goes ok .
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
(By the way, they didn't want my Mother to have Co-codamol and Oramorph together). Which is absolute rubbish!!! - My Hospital gave me TWO x 100 ml bottles of Oromorph, PLUS two boxes of Zapain (Dihydrocodeine & Paracetomol) in the same bag when I was discharged from hospital following my bouts of surgery.
UJ...you keep forgetting that every one of us is an individual and we all have different medical histories, conditions and tolerance to different drugs, drugs that we take from day to day for other conditions can also interact adversely with strong analgesics.

You only have to go in a pharmacy to ask for over-the-counter medication and they will more than likely depending on what you are buying ask if you are taking other any other medication.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
UJ...you keep forgetting that every one of us is an individual and we all have different medical histories, conditions and tolerance to different drugs, drugs that we take from day to day for other conditions can also interact adversely with strong analgesics.

You only have to go in a pharmacy to ask for over-the-counter medication and they will more than likely depending on what you are buying ask if you are taking other any other medication.
I agree with you there Pats, if you are not qualified in the medical profession it is dangerous to tell a person what you think they should take .... in Jazzi's case I think she would be desperate to take anything to relieve her pain but only her medical advisors can decide what is safe and what is suitable for her.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 04:54 PM

I would never suggest to anyone what medication to take either, as I have severe allergies myself and it could be very dangerous. Let the doctors decide. Better be safe than sorry. I hope you feel better soon. Jean
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jan darlin' - you have every reason to be angry, - what has happened to you shouldn't have been allowed.

I note what Jean (Mups) has told you: (By the way, they didn't want my Mother to have Co-codamol and Oramorph together). Which is absolute rubbish!!! - My Hospital gave me TWO x 100 ml bottles of Oromorph, PLUS two boxes of Zapain (Dihydrocodeine & Paracetomol) in the same bag when I was discharged from hospital following my bouts of surgery.

Can't help that UJ. That's what the GP told us, I didn't invent it !

Your medical condition, age, drugs already being taken, and needs were not the same as Mums. Also, you are not considerably weakened by terminal cancer (I hope).
I should think these things make a difference for a start.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->

Yes, I agree entirely Pats.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top