Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Tuesday chat

Hi everyone!

It's turned slightly gloomy here after a bright start to the day, still very mild though.

I've been pottering in the garden this morning, emptying hanging baskets, tubs and containers that have started to look sorry for themselves. Methinks a visit to the Garden Centre is called for to buy some winter flowering pansies and variegated ivy to add some interest in the dismal winter months ahead.

Enjoy your day!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 12:45 PM

Re: Tuesday chat

Afternoon Mags, very quiet on here at the mo....Sun just begining to come up here...
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Afternoon Mags, very quiet on here at the mo....Sun just begining to come up here...
Yep same here, sun poking its head through..dogs are sleeping after their walk, and all is quiet...just how I like it
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 12:51 PM

Just starting my day, its 6.50am here.....Think if it does not get too hot, I will go and borrow the Colllie from down stairs and take her for a walk.....Having withdrawal symptoms with no dogs!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 01:47 PM

It's trying hard to be a nice day here but every time the sun manages to peep out it gets overwhelmed by clouds. I've been for a session on the allotment and done some washing, so I'm allowed to while away some time here now!
Mags you are right about the garden and especially the baskets, and to a lesser extent, tubs - they are starting to look very 'end of season'-ish.
Tickets came for our Loire trip yesterday, so that is a nice thougth for next month
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 03:49 PM

I went for a coffe in the Park with dogs and son, then planted out some shrubs that have got too big for their pots.
Then took my 15yo shorthaired Pointer to the PDSA for his 3-monthly check up. Bless him, he managed the bus ride and short walk with aplomb. People all stop and smile as he potters past. Ancient dogs are endearing, aren`t they?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Good evening everyone, it is a beautiful evening here in sunny Hampshire.

Not a very exciting day today, my good friend came over and walked the dogs with me after which we both had to rush around to get ready for work this afternoon. It was very busy at the park today not much time to think! No more work for me until Saturday now!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Evening all Had a good morning doing housework, which I don't mind and then taking my dog Hatti for a lovely walk. Did notice on our walk that there are lots of leaves fallen from the trees-its not autumn yet is it???? If it is I've missed summer somehow
Moli
Aberdeenshire

18-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Evening all Had a good morning doing housework, which I don't mind and then taking my dog Hatti for a lovely walk. Did notice on our walk that there are lots of leaves fallen from the trees-its not autumn yet is it???? If it is I've missed summer somehow
Think it approaching fast!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Think it approaching fast!!!
I wonder who will switch their heating on the first!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top