Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 08:45 AM

Thursday chat

The forecasters were right - it was a one-day heatwave! (Whatever would Brits talk about if they lived in a predictable climate?) It's dull and coolish and contemplating drizzle this morning.
I don't think there's anything of interest to report - the last Ashes test starts today but if you're not into cricket I don't suppose that would thrill you; I'm looking forward to it. I'll make sure the dog walk is done and dusted early so I can park myself in front of the TV at 11am (Am I the only one who still has vague guilt feelings at having the TV on in the daytime?)
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 09:05 AM

Re: Thursday chat

Its dull and dismal here too, the sun tried to struggle through but has given up now, I think we may get a bit damp on our dog walk today!

I will be continuing with my battle of the garden today, fought quite a few nettles yesterday my arms feel a bit sore! If it is damp will be having a huge bonfire.

Don't feel guilty about the tv Dinahs mum, just enjoy it.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 09:07 AM

Well it`s sweltering in Essex - and has been all night too.
I was looking forward to a bit of rain
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Back to rain here too after a perfect day yesterday . It it is still very warm though which should help my bread dough to rise .

Originally Posted by DM
I don't think there's anything of interest to report - the last Ashes test starts today but if you're not into cricket I don't suppose that would thrill you; I'm looking forward to it
I will be interested to hear the test match results . I am a 'lapsed' cricket fan my late husband played a lot of cricket and was a great supporter of the game and my stepson considered becoming a professional and had trials for Worcester and Somerset .
Over the years I just haven't had time to keep up my interest.

Have a good day everyone..xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Raining here too and it's sooo muggy

Still can't shake off my chest infection, it's into the 3rd week now It will be nice to get a good night's sleep again without continually being awakened with coughing fits!

I too will be catching up every now and then with the Test match........ it's the only cricket I am interested in .......England 60 - 1 at the mo I hope Flintoff does well in his last test match, he will be missed.

Well, well, well...... the rain has stopped and the sun is out!!

Have a good day everyone!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Afternoon all, scorching here again......Went for a walk to the shoe shop...........and surprislingly came out without any new shoes! I am slipping! then had an hours brows around the book shop. I could spend all day in there...
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Feel better soon Mags x

Evening all It's been lovely and warm here again today.

Went to a hospital appointment today, then into town for a nose

Hope you've all had a lovely Thursday x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lou ->
Feel better soon Mags x

Evening all It's been lovely and warm here again today.

Went to a hospital appointment today, then into town for a nose

Hope you've all had a lovely Thursday x
Did you manage to get a nose, Lou?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Very late tonight but good evening to those who are still up and goodnight to those who are'nt. Hope you feel better soon Mags. Don't know where the days gone-went walking this morning, then had to go into town for a birthday prezzie for my sister who is 60 on Monday (good job she's not into computers or she'd kill me for telling the 'whole world' how old she is) then I had to get ready to do my little part-time job at the vets-4pm till I get fed up!! Came home about 7pm-rang my other sister to remind her about the big birthday-then rang my other sister who is not well-sore throat and chest infection-to see how she was. Then after having a quick soak made my tea which was not very exciting-jack potatoe, chilli with bit of side salad then nice pot of tea. Then had quick browse on Dogsey and here and now I'm exhausted so will be hopefully having an early night unless I get carried away, again, on here
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Typical Washington August weather: hazy, hot and humid. I don't mind it, far far better than January! A bit of shopping for cat food, just pottering around. Getting dark so early now!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top