Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Re: The Best Things In Life Are Free...Aren’t They?

Touch wood, the freedom to walk out onto the surface of the planet, every morning, uninhibited.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:06 PM

My works pension was non-contributory.....Free brass for life....

Making love if my memory serves me well.....

Running......

Swimming in the sea.....

Watching the Space Station......Blimey.....is that the time.....?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My works pension was non-contributory.....Free brass for life....

Running......

Swimming in the sea.....

Watching the Space Station......Blimey.....is that the time.....?
....Ooooh Foxy, Another heart melter!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Making love is rarely free, at least for a man. Generally speaking, he pays either a high emotional cost or financial one. Often both. When I realized I was nothing more than a walking ATM machine I lost all interest.

Sorry to be wet blanket, but that's how I see it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Making love is rarely free, at least for a man. Generally speaking, he pays either a high emotional cost or financial one. Often both. When I realized I was nothing more than a walking ATM machine I lost all interest.

Sorry to be wet blanket, but that's how I see it.

That sounds rather sad and bitter if you don't mind me saying, Bakerman.

Fortunately it is not like that for everyone.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:41 PM

Laughter is free - so is kindness, both receiving & giving it..
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds rather sad and bitter if you don't mind me saying, Bakerman.

Fortunately it is not like that for everyone.

No, I don't mind. Why should I ? It's true. I learned the hard way. Even as a very young man, I realized that the guy who has the "flash car" and money to spend, gets the girl.

As an older man I saw that the guy who has the posh house and a great paying job, gets the girl.

That's why you will never, not ever, see someone like Catherine Zeta Jones marrying a waiter. He could be the best looking waiter in the world, but he has zero chance with Catherine Zeta.

Turn the genders around and see what happens. A waitress who is fabulous looking has a line of guys, out the door and down the block, waiting to date her and hopefully to marry her.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:01 AM

No, I don't mind. Why should I ? It's true. I learned the hard way. Even as a very young man, I realized that the guy who has the "flash car" and money to spend, gets the girl.

As an older man I saw that the guy who has the posh house and a great paying job, gets the girl.

That's why you will never, not ever, see someone like Catherine Zeta Jones marrying a waiter. He could be the best looking waiter in the world, but he has zero chance with Catherine Zeta.

Turn the genders around and see what happens. A waitress who is fabulous looking has a line of guys, out the door and down the block, waiting to date her and hopefully to marry her.
NOT TRUE!!!
Some of us are different.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:15 AM

Bakerman, the part I have hi-lighted says it all.

But what I feel you have overlooked is, if a fella flashes the cash, posh house, big car etc to impress, then yes, he certainly will attract the girls - BUT, only a certain type of girl .

If he can't see what's happening right under his nose, and even goes so far as to propose marriage to her, then I really must question who is the daftest one of the two?

Personally, I would value honestly, love and trust, way, way more than a flash car or fat wallet any day.
bakerman
Mexico

29-07-2018, 12:37 AM

Mups, you are, of course, correct. Unfortunately, when in the presence of a beautiful woman, few men can think clearly.

When I first met my 2nd wife, I could barely breathe, let alone think. Things went well until I lost all my money on a real estate deal. Then, before I knew what was happening, she was gone.

It did not matter that: I loved her, that I cared for her every need, that I never cheated on her, that I never drank, did drugs or gambled. No money, no honey.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top