Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 04:25 PM

Re: Amazon/ebay

Originally Posted by carol ->
I ordered an item from ebay and it was delivered in an Amazon box!

Have Amazon taken ebay over?
Was the item a brand new one Carol or pre-owned?
I buy and sell a fair bit on Ebay but im not aware that Amazon have taken over...its probably just that the supplier has used Amazon nothing more than that.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Look for the same item on Amazon and check if it costs much less than you paid on ebay.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 04:37 PM

I have often had that and it's been an Amazon Delivery Van. If you check for your item on Amazon you will usually find it's a bit cheaper than you paid for it. I believe these sellers are kind of agents for Amazon, but hike the price up a wee bit so they get more than just their commission from Amazon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
If the Ebay suppliers are "dealers" then they will usually have spare boxes from other suppliers, including Amazon, so it's become common practice to reuse them .....
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Already said that, Omah
The same message but repackaged.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:00 PM

I sold a couple of items on eBay but got fed up with it; it's not friendly to sellers.

One chap wanted the earphones I had pictured next to a phone. They cost more than the phone and I specifically said, does not include earphones.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:12 PM

I love the Ebay song......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS4AF_HXIps
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Some sellers have both eBay and Amazon accounts and store their goods at Amazon
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:36 PM

I used to sell a lot on eBay. I specialized in vintage clothing and patterns. Mostly acquired from the USA. But I had to give up when I started getting heart problems.

Remember these, girls? Needed a few of these to pack out some of the dresses I sold.

green shot
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:08 PM

I get items in all shapes and sizes of boxes from Ebay. I think they find their most suitable supplier and that person puts it in any old package he/she can find at the time. That's the impression I get from Ebay anyway, Carol. They're a bit hotch-potch with their source material to say the least.
Originally Posted by Omah ->
If the Ebay suppliers are "dealers" then they will usually have spare boxes from other suppliers, including Amazon, so it's become common practice to reuse them .....
Already said that, Omah
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The same message but repackaged.
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Some sellers have both eBay and Amazon accounts and store their goods at Amazon
Recycled .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top