Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:50 AM

Adverts

I was wondering if these are the same across all channels?

I mean does ITV have the same adverts as a lowly Freeview channel,or are those different?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:53 AM

Re: Adverts

I'm not sure about different providers. I know that different channels sometimes have different adverts. We also get local adverts too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 11:20 AM

I've learned just to sit through them, unless it's a recording where I can fast forward.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:09 PM

We have no interest in the ads, switching the sound off the second they appear.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:27 PM

I tend to go into a trance when adverts come on. I stare right through them. Rarely has an ad appeared that has made me take notice and rush out and buy that product.
In fact, the opposite happens: Some are so nauseatingly irritating that I would not use their services on principle.
Money Supermarket springs to mind, as does that awful "Italian" tenor on Go Compare. And those bloody meerkats!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I tend to go into a trance when adverts come on. I stare right through them. Rarely has an ad appeared that has made me take notice and rush out and buy that product.
In fact, the opposite happens: Some are so nauseatingly irritating that I would not use their services on principle.
Money Supermarket springs to mind, as does that awful "Italian" tenor on Go Compare. And those bloody meerkats!!
Any of the over fifties life insurance ads switch me off. they are all so badly acted and cheap.

Like you, I don't think I have ever rushed out and bought something due to a TV ad.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Same with me Floydy. Well actually I like the Meerkats.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2018, 12:34 PM

The problem with ads is that they are shown over and over and over and over again, and that Ad break 7 minutes into a programme is a real passion killer.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The problem with ads is that they are shown over and over and over and over again, and that Ad break 7 minutes into a programme is a real passion killer.
I beg to point out young man, that I remember is your promise time. Sweetie remembers everfink.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I beg to point out young man, that I remember is your promise time. Sweetie remembers everfink.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top