Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:12 PM

Re: Adverts

What I find weird is, when the adverts come on a programme I'm watching, particularly on Freeview, if I try and surf other channels, until my programme returns, I find most are doing adverts too at the same time! Just wondering if the crafty sods are colluding together, to make sure you still suffer!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
What I find weird is, when the adverts come on a programme I'm watching, particularly on Freeview, if I try and surf other channels, until my programme returns, I find most are doing adverts too at the same time! Just wondering if the crafty sods are colluding together, to make sure you still suffer!
Yes I've noticed that. Bastards.

And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7db1yPrCyXY

They don't pay commission if we pass it on, I bet.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:41 PM

We find that we somehow watch very little live TV, Having a Freesat box, we can record/pause live TV. And so just whizz through the adverts when we eventually watch the programme.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:55 PM

I had a TV 7 years ago that could pause live TV it was a tiny 22" Samsung. My current TV can't do this though it does allow timed recordings and I can set it to record one episode or an entire series. I have quite an old 500 GB HDD plugged into its back.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Do you realise that the advertisers target a particular audience thst they know will be watching?

So if you're watching, say, a repeat of Morse or Old Tricks, youll get a very different kind of advert from when you're watching Panorama etc.

When the Tenna adverts come on...think about it!!
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I had a TV 7 years ago that could pause live TV it was a tiny 22" Samsung. My current TV can't do this though it does allow timed recordings and I can set it to record one episode or an entire series. I have quite an old 500 GB HDD plugged into its back.
Sounds like the forerunner to Freesat, which can pause/record live tv. Single programmes or entire series. Also in HD
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:52 PM

arn;t they a pain most of them etc--- think the meerkats have had there moment of success..boring '''' a change would be so welcom ---what about the chemist shop and the boxing glove punch with the gift ewwwww so American lol.. and our funeral insurances makes me wanna find a brick to throw
FridgeMagnet

30-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Meerkats are a sore point for us. I qualified for a Safari Oleg over 3 years ago! Still waiting for it to arrive!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:16 PM

I find the Ads on ITV hub really annoying too. Several times during the World cup I logged on to watch live but you have to watch a set of adverts first regardless of whether it's in a break or not.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I find the Ads on ITV hub really annoying too. Several times during the World cup I logged on to watch live but you have to watch a set of adverts first regardless of whether it's in a break or not.
For £3.99 a month you can watch the ITV hub advert free well worth a £1 a week if you watch it as often as I do

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top