Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:26 AM

Being overprotective of your children

I think it is a great mistake for a parent to seek to protect their children from all harm, it doesn't set them up for life in a good way. Obviously when they are infants they need a lot of protection, but the ties need to be loosened as they get older.

Our children took themselves to primary school, which was nearby, from the age of seven, we expected them to be careful when crossing the road. Even when our youngest daughter was knocked down by a car, when running across the road without looking, but was fortunate enough to escape with only a cut knee, she still had to walk herself to school. She got a telling off and had to apologise to the driver of the car for her stupidity.

We are proud of the way our girls have turned out they are decent responsible adults.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Re: Being overprotective of your children

Weren't you recently carrying on and writing to archbishops because your vicar daughter had to stand 30 minutes in the sun without a hat conducting a funeral
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:34 AM

tee heh tee heh tee heh!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:34 AM

Whilst the media has played a huge part in scaremongering our way of life now is not condusive to the playing out etc we had as children.

For example we had virtually empty streets to play on whilst now they are lined with expensive cars and walking to school was not the traffic hazard is is now.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:36 AM

..That's My second guffaw of the day Muddy...luvin it
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Weren't you recently carrying on and writing to archbishops because your vicar daughter had to stand 30 minutes in the sun without a hat conducting a funeral
Well that p****d on the chips as we say in the North .
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:51 AM

I’m sure the parents of those children abducted and very likely murdered would disagree...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:21 AM

Hi

Stuff that for a game of marbles.

Once a Dad , always a Dad.

My kids are well capable of looking after themselves.

From time to time they meet circumstances which are beyond them.

That is when the Dad thing kicks in.

Parents protect their kids, that is the way of life.

We are always there for them, emotional support , practical or what ever.

We all do our best for them, within our abilities.

I am not the nicest of men, I can be a total nightmare, my kids know this and only ask for help when they are in serious trouble.

The prats who harassed my daughter when she came out as a Lesbian, no longer have jobs.

Such is life, they threatened her, made her life a complete misery.

That is simply unacceptable, I will not and cannot be having with it.

Now make me cry hard nuts.

It is a Dad thing, you look after your kids.

I take it very seriously, I brought them into this World, I will always be there for them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I didn't mention my daughter, but clergy in general.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:40 AM

It is a scarey world out there and parents are afraid to let their children out of their sight , but I agree they must be given freedom to grow with knowledge in their heads .

The biggest fear I know of at this time is the dangers of the internet and predators who befriend young under 16s on chat sites . I know that these people send bad photos to these kids and groom them . Children must be taught about this and understand how to be safe if they are going online and into chat rooms . It is a dangerous place .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top