Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Re: The day you were married

Happy anniversary FLody
We got married many years ago in a registry office in Central America .
It was like a cupboard under the stairs !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Happy Anniversary to Floydy

A belated Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary to Eccles too.

We have been married 45 years. We chose a Registry Office as I hate being the centre of attention. It was a lovely sunny January morning and the 2nd anniversary of our first date. I wore a two-piece dress and jacket (and a dreaded hat) and Mr Mags wore a new new suit. We had a small reception for close family in an old castle close to where we were going to live. In the afternoon we flew off to Jersey for two weeks honeymoon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:23 AM

Happy Anniversary to the Floyds.

We only got married a few years ago but have been together almost thirty years. It was just immediate family at The Swan Hotel in Lavenham.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:25 AM

We will have been married 50 years next year. I was 19, my husband 22. My parents organised our large wedding, a church do. I wasn't interested in it, apart from stipulating the dress mustn't be fussy. I can't say I remember much about it. I was much more interested in getting on the plane to start my married life in the UK.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Congratulations Floydy I hope you have many more years together.

I was married by special licence one lunch time (after we both worked in the morning) followed by a meal in a restaurant with our witnesses.
Then back to our flat where a friend and colleague of my husband turned up with a bottle of champagne. We had been living together for a number of years so getting married didn't really change anything.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Happy Anniversary to you and your missus Floydy, have a great day....

Mrs Fox and me had a church do 46 years ago in October....It was a nice sunny autumn morning and about fifty friends and family turned up.
We laid a spread on afterwards in a room upstairs in the local pub.
I think it came to less than £500 A bit different now because my daughter gets married in the same church but no reception in the same pub, it's been turned into a Thai restaurant! A posh hotel is the venue where most of us are staying the night - And yes I've put my running kit in for my long Sunday run... All in all, I think it has exceeded fifteen grand........
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:25 AM

Have a lovely anniversary Mr and Mrs Floydy.

I was married in August it was supposed to be sunny but the sun forgot to shine it was an unusual wedding ...my mum didn't arrive and two of my aunties had a row

Weddings can be such fun anyway we are still together despite the rocky start

My son is getting married next April so I'm looking forward to that I love weddings
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We will have been married 50 years next year. I was 19, my husband 22. My parents organised our large wedding, a church do. I wasn't interested in it, apart from stipulating the dress mustn't be fussy. I can't say I remember much about it. I was much more interested in getting on the plane to start my married life in the UK.
Happy anniversary to you too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Happy Anniversary Floydy.
I married very young, it has been 33yrs.
We had a big white wedding in church.
It was January and cold, I choose the date to make a happy day out of a sad one. Hubby lost his father the year before.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:42 AM

Firstly...

Mrs. Mart and I have been together for 41 years and married for 38 of those. It was a Registry Office wedding with only family and a few close friends attending. A nice sunny day.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top