Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:55 AM

Re: The day you were married

I almost forgot to complement Eccles on her Golden wedding anniversary....Well done Eccles....

And also Dave A on his 62 years of marriage....That's some staying power mate.......Brilliant...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Happy Anniversary, Floydy and to the others who are celebrating mammoth anniversaries.

In August, l would have been married 47 years. I managed to do 30 of them.

Here l am on my wedding day. Little did l know that 30 years on, l would be single again.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	4D6A5F6D-9B17-44CE-A595-2D496C74ACDA.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	6623  
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:44 PM

Congratulations to all you long stayers.
#We been married 47 & half years now, married on a Sunday in the January in Church [which has now been pulled down ]!!!and it was a bright sunny day.
Have to pinch myself to think it was so long ago.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:53 PM

Congratulations Floydy and all others celebrating epic anniversaries...this year.

Mine was an awesome day in June, 1962...and we celebrated our 56th Anniversary this year.

Big white church wedding...followed by a Home & Garden reception at my parents home...

I recall that the garden was filled with the scent of blooming Lilacs...although I carried Roses...

Thanks for the memories...
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I almost forgot to complement Eccles on her Golden wedding anniversary....Well done Eccles....
Thanks OGF, but my situation isn't exactly normal. It's too complicated to explain here but yes, we are still married.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 01:50 PM

I was married nearly 50 years, sadly he died a few months before our anniversary.
We had the choice of weddings from my Dad, either a big wedding with all the trimmings, or a registry office & modest pub buffet, if we chose the latter my Dad would give us the deposit on our house & the first mortgage payment, insurance etc. No brainer, we chose the latter. I had never wanted a big wedding anyway. Two kids later & nearly 50 years was good going as most of our friends were divorced. Just sad we didn't have longer together, it would have been nice to make 60 years.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:33 PM

I was married in Canada --In a heat wave on a sat morning ' the driver didnt know the way which made me so late over a hour 'welsh vicar wasnt pleased 'hubby thort I changed my mind 'bridesmaids thort it was funny ' then best man tells us he cant drive so ime sitting in the back of this limo alone while hubby drove to reception … by then I was melting in the Cinderella dress style ewwwwww
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 02:53 PM

My apologies to Floydy and his bride. I missed the word "today" at the end of your statement, Floyd, which made it your anniversary.

My congrats on your 20th and hope they continue well into the future.

It was nice to see, throughout the thread that in these days of "short-term" marriages there's a bunch of folks still strolling along together.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 03:25 PM

Ours was what my Catholic friend called a `Devil's Wedding` because it took place in a registry office in September 1984. My wife wore a cream coloured dress and I was in a worsted suit which was okay for a cold day in Yorkshire but not for when we arrived in Ibiza for our honeymoon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 04:08 PM

Thanks all. Great reading your own stories

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top