Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:29 PM

Re: Reiki

This thread has made me smile.
As some of you know l am on a dating site and last week a man who l have been conversing with on there, asked me for a date. I refused as l said, l would be too scared in case he tried to hypnotise me!
He is a Reiki Master and a Reconnective Healer. I had never heard of those before and thought he must be a ‘quack’ of some sort.

Whoops, poor man, he seemed nice enough and I may have misjudged him!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This thread has made me smile.
As some of you know l am on a dating site and last week a man who l have been conversing with on there, asked me for a date. I refused as l said, l would be too scared in case he tried to hypnotise me!
He is a Reiki Master and a Reconnective Healer. I had never heard of those before and thought he must be a ‘quack’ of some sort.

Whoops, poor man, he seemed nice enough and I may have misjudged him!

If he seemed a nice enough chap, why not go and find out more Art?
I haven't a clue what reconnective healing is, never heard of it. Is an American thing? There are so many different therapies and treatments available now.

A Reiki master is only someone who has done their Level 3 Reiki and therefore qualified to teach others, so nothing to be scared of there. And if he did try to hypnotise you, RUN - because he sure isn't doing Reiki!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If he seemed a nice enough chap, why not go and find out more Art?
I haven't a clue what reconnective healing is, never heard of it. Is an American thing? There are so many different therapies and treatments available now.

A Reiki master is only someone who has done their Level 3 Reiki and therefore qualified to teach others, so nothing to be scared of there. And if he did try to hypnotise you, RUN - because he sure isn't doing Reiki!
He was quite confused as to why l was scared he would hypnotise me but because l didn’t know about these therapies, l got it into my head, it might involve hypnotism.
I don’t know what a Reconnective Healing Practitioner is either, I thought it was ‘Laying of the hands’?

I asked, if he was like, Harry Edwards who had a Faith Healing Page in my mother’s True magazine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 11:05 PM

Well I say if you liked him well enough, go have your date.
He's hardly likely to want to try anything odd in a public place Art. Just make sure it is public.

Only kidding you. He might be a very nice, caring gentleman for all you know.

You can tell us all about it when you get home too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2018, 11:07 PM

Well I say if you liked him well enough, go have your date.
He's hardly likely to want to try anything odd in a public place Art. Just make sure it is public.

Only kidding you. He might be a very nice, caring gentleman for all you know.

You can tell us all about it when you get home too.
Mups, He might be more suited to you as you know lots about Reiki. He loves dogs too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-08-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, He might be more suited to you as you know lots about Reiki. He loves dogs too!

Nooooo thankyou, but thanks for thinking of me.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 07:26 AM

About 10 years ago now, I qualified in Reiki 1 and 2, plus Seichem, plus Animal Healing.

I got the insurance to practice, but let it go as I was never brave enough to practice professionally.

Boot, I have never heard it referred to as a 'massage'?
It is hands on healing of the body and aura, but not a massage to my knowledge.
In fact, some practitioners do not even touch you at all, they work more on auras.
Personally I prefer contact though - but no massage. That is a separate treatment altogether.

I am glad you enjoyed it though, you must be a spritiual lady to sense the colours and chakras. Good for you.
What I had was definitely a body massage, Mups, combined with Reiki.
The lady who did it described herself as a holistic therapist.
She was already qualified and practising in Reiki before she began training in massage therapy. My initial "guinea pig" sessions with her began when she was doing the final practicals for her massage therapist qualifications.
Some of her clients had Reiki sessions of the type you describe but she also combined Reiki with her massage sessions.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 07:31 AM

I must have lead a sheltered life. I'd never even heard of Reiki and had to look up was it is.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 07:32 AM

I understood Reiki was hands off and could be done from a distance by using something of the persons or perhaps in a different type of Reiki some sort of black box .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I understood Reiki was hands off and could be done from a distance by using something of the persons or perhaps in a different type of Reiki some sort of black box .
I have always understood it to be hands on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top