Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:11 PM

Re: talk about meeting site members

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’s always intrigued me as to how someone would meet up...say I arranged to meet a forum member in a coffee shop. How would we know each other?, wear a red rose perhaps?, carry the days copy of the times?, or perhaps a pre arranged code word...that could be embarrassing, going up to complete strangers saying “ the geese have eaten the broccoli “”, or we could have a name tag with our forum names, ?.
It nearly happened to us, late OH & I. We arranged to meet a forum member I'd got friendly with & her OH as we were going on holiday to where they lived. We got to the cafe where we'd arranged to meet & I couldn't remember what she looked like, but on turning the corner to the entrance I recognised her OH first & then saw her walking towards us. It was funny it was her OH I first recognised before her.

We had a lovely visit with them for a few hours. Sadly we lost touch though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
There'd be no need to Rab...EVERYONE on 'ere knows what You look like,and if They didn't They'd probably fall over Yer legs in those teeny weeny shorts.
Oh yes! did I mention I'd be the one wearing the shorts?....Thanks May....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 05:02 PM

No one would no me, apart from the fact I might be carrying a few bags of shoes.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Primus, I wouldn't wouldn't be hard to recognize. Just ask OGF. I look exactly like this:

Oh, and I'd definitely be whispering "The geese have eaten the broccoli, with a well-timed wink."
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 05:29 PM

I have no wish to meet site members these days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 05:29 PM

On my previous sites l have met lots of people on various group meets, they have all been lovely people. This is how l know swimmy.
This site doesn’t seem to have ‘meets’ but l have had telephone conversations with three members on here. They are lovely, friendly people too!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:26 PM

Was it Mups and Longdogs recently whop had a chance meeting in a cafe or something?

I have only actually met one forum person in real life. It was when I was a member of a bodybuilding forum and this guy lived in Hull and I got him a free day pass to my local gym.
We worked out a bit and had a natter but never saw each other again as he left that particular forum!
I've always wondered what I said....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No one would no me, apart from the fact I might be carrying a few bags of shoes.
You did actually post a pic of yourself in the early days I seem to remember, Sweetie
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-03-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It’s always intrigued me as to how someone would meet up...say I arranged to meet a forum member in a coffee shop. How would we know each other?, wear a red rose perhaps?, carry the days copy of the times?, or perhaps a pre arranged code word...that could be embarrassing, going up to complete strangers saying “ the geese have eaten the broccoli “”, or we could have a name tag with our forum names, ?.
I've got no hang-ups about people knowing what I look like, I've posted many photos on here over the past couple of years. Doesn't bother me at all.

If, say, I was meeting up with somebody in a pub, cafe or such like I'd tell them that I'd be wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt (or jumper or baseball cap). They should find me that way easily enough!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 07:48 PM

Met up with five other OFF members a few years ago in Manchester. I sort of invited myself. We got on very well and I remain friends mostly with 3 of them. The other two have left, but I know one on another forum now.

Have also met up with one of the ladies again a couple of years ago, and we sometimes speak on the phone.

I am so glad to know them, and that I invited myself. We had a fun time there.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top