Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:18 PM

Progress and Life

Is there a conflict going on?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:34 PM

Re: Progress and Life

There can definitely be a stand-off.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:34 PM

If you call one step forwards and two steps backwards conflict, then yes.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 12:55 AM

Has there been a time when there wasn't a conflict going on somewhere?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 02:58 AM

I guess if we take Spitty's characteristically cryptic point a little further and elaborate, perhaps we can explain what we deduce from his "Progress and Life" comment.

For me progress in a work capacity ended when I left the RAF in 2000. I had done years and was happy, looking to do my full 22 years service. I would probably have progressed much further staying in and leaving then, moving into a more satisfactory job with better prospects.

This was curtailed because I met my wife a little while beforehand and decided to leave the forces for a life back with her in Hull, finding different employment.

I am so happy to have met my wife and lived with her for the past twenty years but I also think that my working life could have been so much better.

Is this the sort of thing you're getting at, Spitty? Or have I missed the point?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:48 AM

Why is it that in the animal kingdom, only Humans need to progress, such progression being apparent, sometimes in less than one lifespan of an individual being?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why is it that in the animal kingdom, only Humans need to progress, such progression being apparent, sometimes in less than one lifespan of an individual being?
Because that is being human would be the easy answer

However one need only look at isolated pockets of humanity dotted around the world to see they havnt really progressed at all in hundreds possibly thousands of years ( I’m taking certain desert and aboriginal tribes , people on islands untouched by modern man etc) so I’d guess part of us evolution takes us so far , part of us an enquiring mind as to what is the other side of the mountain takes us so far and I imagine a few would even suggest altering of human DNA back in our past has indeed led us to be the only ‘thing’ like us on the planet but that’s a different thread
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh I don't know, my cats are always looking for the highest place to sleep.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I guess if we take Spitty's characteristically cryptic point a little further and elaborate, perhaps we can explain what we deduce from his "Progress and Life" comment.

For me progress in a work capacity ended when I left the RAF in 2000. I had done years and was happy, looking to do my full 22 years service. I would probably have progressed much further staying in and leaving then, moving into a more satisfactory job with better prospects.

This was curtailed because I met my wife a little while beforehand and decided to leave the forces for a life back with her in Hull, finding different employment.

I am so happy to have met my wife and lived with her for the past twenty years but I also think that my working life could have been so much better.

Is this the sort of thing you're getting at, Spitty? Or have I missed the point?
I think many men have diverted their lifestyles because of a woman. Not always a good decision to make?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:25 AM

I might have been a rock star.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top