Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:25 AM

Re: Progress and Life

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Is there a conflict going on?
yes it could be argued that there is not 'progress' going on but 'self destruction'.

I like the 'old' life styles - men hunted bison and women staying at home in the tepees and watching the kids AND cooking the bison!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 10:34 AM

I'm not sure if it's progression or even if it's an improvement but I started life in the inner city slums of Leeds with holes in my shoes and a snotty nose....I had lots of pals though and not a care in the world....

I now live in a beautiful little house in a gorgeous Yorkshire village and never have holes in my shoes or a snotty nose.. I still have pals...but I dunno though they are not good at knocking on doors and then running for their lives

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 04:51 PM

I lived in a Leeds slum and remember my parents always looking tired due to some little blonde girl forever knocking on our door and running away at all hours of the day and night ... I wonder what happened to her ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I lived in a Leeds slum and remember my parents always looking tired due to some little blonde girl forever knocking on our door and running away at all hours of the day and night ... I wonder what happened to her ?
Does she look like this, Marmaduke?:
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:08 PM

I’d recognise those ears anywhere !
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Why is it that in the animal kingdom, only Humans need to progress, such progression being apparent, sometimes in less than one lifespan of an individual being?
Actually animals do seek to progress. There are pecking orders in the animal kingdom just as in our human world. Animals fight for supremacy, to be leaders of packs etc

That aside, the notion of "progressing" is largely just that which we have been conditioned with since birth. We are groomed from very young to believe that life is about learning enough to get a good job and then that we should work hard and progress up the company ladder. We are taught that material possessions are important, that status is important, that "doing one's bit" is important.

It's all mostly a huge lie. A carefully constructed system of control. A life system from infancy to adulthood designed to create subservient humans who will accept a life of servitude.
Worker drones.

It is only when we learn to realise that Matrix that we are trapped in that we can step back, see the world for what it is and start to seriously think about who and what we are.

Then the notions of Progression and Life take new meaning.

Progression is then about understanding nature and our link and connection with it.

It's about understanding the self. The real self.

Progressing is learning how the mind and heart can affect the reality around us. Literally "mind over matter"

So much to learn

So little time

And years of it is wasted because we are born into a prison of social conditioning and compliance.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 02:29 AM

A major benefit of being human over being animal is that we can speak. I'm sure progress would have held us back if we couldn't, especially in the days before the internet (and even telephones).
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I’d recognise those ears anywhere !
HA! Made me smile...daft pair

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top