Join for free
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 04:42 PM

My mum and mum are nuts please help

Please help as I fear my mother and mum have lost the plot as they honestly don’t fit my criteria of a normal parent and now they are bringing me up gender neutral as to make me even more confused in their own self belief to try and justify their choices ...

This I fear will be a cry of many children in the years to come in the name of political correctness

Mother is raising a gender-neutral baby called Sparrow
https://mol.im/a/6776703

Ari Dennis, 30, believes babies should wait until they can determine their gender
Inspired to raise Sparrow gender-neutral after other child changed gender age 4
Keeps Sparrow's anatomy secret and says Hazel calls the child 'baby sibling'
A Florida parent who calls her one-year-old baby 'Theyby' in order to raise the infant as gender neutral so the child can decide its sex at an older age today accused Piers Morgan of 'childism' for questioning the decision.
Ari Dennis, 30, and her partner said the family was inspired to raise Sparrow without a known gender after their older child, Hazel, decided to identify as non-binary aged four after being raised as a girl.
She told Good Morning Britain: 'We do not know what Sparrow’s gender is yet and, as regards to her anatomy, we choose to keep that secret except for a small list of caregivers.'
In the interview Dennis, who lives with two people who both identify as transgender, one of whom she is married to, said she would not reveal the gender of her baby and even the birth-certificate says 'sex-unknown’.
‘I’m in a multi-adult family, there’s three of us with an eight-year-old and a one-year-old. All the adults in our household identify as transgender – I’m legally married to one and in a relationship with another,' she said.
‘All children at this age are unable to understand gender. The child doesn’t have any gender yet.’
Dennis, who identifies as non-binary, said her mother did not know Sparrow's assigned sex during the first three months of the child's life even though she was living with the family.
Her older child Hazel tells people she has 'a baby sibling' when people ask about Sparrow.
When asked by Piers Morgan about Sparrow's anatomy, Dennis replied: 'That’s something we do not discuss unless it is with a medical professional.
‘Commonly, people born with one type of anatomy will identify as one gender and others with another.
‘But that totally negates the fact that there are thousands of people around the world for whom that’s not the case.'
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 05:02 PM

Re: My mum and mum are nuts please help

That just beggars belief!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 05:45 PM

I don't know how I feel about this. It's a bit extreme and I wonder if it's just them trying to get attention.
I know someone who was told he was a girl and dressed as one until he realized he wasn't, he's now 50 ish so there's nothing new about strange parenting. It's just that we get to hear about it now.

I wouldn't worry, it's not many people doing it. If it appears to be harmful, Social Services will get involved and the parents will wish they'd never told the Media

As they wouldn't discuss the child's gender perhaps it has both and they're waiting to see which it favours in behaviour before surgery. Some are born with both ovaries and testes.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 06:06 PM

We're certainly living in curious times now and I'm usually quite modern/forward thinking...but this baffles Me...Beam Me up Scotty.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:07 PM

Don't worry May, we're all getting more neutral as we age...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't worry May, we're all getting more neutral as we age...
Does that mean I'll begin to look like a Man?
Maybe future Generations will all be born hermaphrodites...now that would solve all the problems
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Maybe future Generations will all be born hermaphrodites...now that would solve all the problems
When I was a little girl my dad used to tell me when I grew up I would be a big boy and I used to cry because I believed him! We laugh about it now but at the time it really upset me.

Mind you I resemble a man now with all these damn chin hairs!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 07:59 PM

As for the opening post, all this stuff about gender neutral etc, I'm so sick of hearing about it, its everywhere we turn, no getting away from it and I personally don't want to hear it. I'm beginning to wonder that all what is happening is to do with evolution. Whatever it is, I'm not enjoying how life is changing
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
When I was a little girl my dad used to tell me when I grew up I would be a big boy and I used to cry because I believed him! We laugh about it now but at the time it really upset me.

Mind you I resemble a man now with all these damn chin hairs!

Thank you Michael Finnegan.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I'm with you May. I said not long ago, it won't be too long before all humans will be walking around in navy blue overalls. The term Man and Woman will be obsolete!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top