Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 04:00 PM

It Was Worth It - What Did You Do?

I lost my patience for the first time in our multi-year saga when an emergency room physician insisted that they my daughter should be hospitalized but then went 18 hours without seeing a physician - which meant no fluids, no medications, no diagnostics etc.

As much as I hated being the squeaky wheel (pitched a royal fit ), it worked.

I am sure they love me there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 06:14 PM

Re: It Was Worth It - What Did You Do?

I hate being ripped off and I was in a very bad mood on the day we went to collect the petrol tank that belonged to our car of the time. The wee fuel pipe bit had broken off somehow and my ex took it off the car, drained the fuel and took it into get welded. A week later we went to get it and the girl on the desk asked for a price near £90, my ex argued that could not be right but she'd no have it. I interrupted and angrily said I wanted to see the manager, I embarrassed the hell out of my ex as I wiped the floor with the poor guy, ended up telling him we'd not wanted the blooming thing gold plated just welded. He reduced the bill right down to £20.

This was back in the 80s so the bill was outrageous for the time..
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:32 AM

Theresa thought it was worth it

https://youtu.be/wlwde7q30cI
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Once when I worked extra hours up till 10pm to help out, then got stopped a few pence for being a few minutes late the following day.

Yes, it was worth going ape.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Theresa thought it was worth it

https://youtu.be/wlwde7q30cI
loved it - her humanity!! but was it really her or edited?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
loved it - her humanity!! but was it really her or edited?
It was in colour so it must be true
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 11:58 AM

I walked out of a job once when I was stacking supermarket shelves. I must have been about 17 and the repetitive nature of the job just finally got to me. I didn't even stop for my pay.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top