Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Re: LongDriver

Welcome from me also LD.
I used play golf - very popular in Scotland.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Welcome from me also LD.
I used play golf - very popular in Scotland.
I am unable to get out to play as much as I would like, but I have music to fall back on and I do enjoy playing my instruments (sometimes with my wife) as well as listening.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I am unable to get out to play as much as I would like, but I have music to fall back on and I do enjoy playing my instruments (sometimes with my wife) as well as listening.
What instruments do you play? And what type of music?
I played the violin if it was in an orchestra and fiddle if in a Scottish dance band...
Guitar I picked up later and got on pretty well with that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Good afternoon, LD(2).
Enjoy the forum bud
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What instruments do you play? And what type of music?
I played the violin if it was in an orchestra and fiddle if in a Scottish dance band...
Guitar I picked up later and got on pretty well with that.
Any music type except rap and over emphasised jaz.
I have the birth luck of a perfect ear, which is just as well because I am unable to read music at speed. I also have the ability to play most instruments that do not require good lungs any more (mine are shot) but the uilleann pipes fill the spot where once the hard blown bag variety once stood my hair on end with joy (listen to Davy Spillane). Black Bear has always given me spine tingle and I love to hear it as part of a march-off!
Since a mere lad I've been able to pick music up just by listening carefully and my memory sticks in a place where it can easily get out to my fingers. My grandfather was the same and I still have his guitar that survived WWII.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Any music type except rap and over emphasised jaz.
I have the birth luck of a perfect ear, which is just as well because I am unable to read music at speed. I also have the ability to play most instruments that do not require good lungs any more (mine are shot) but the uilleann pipes fill the spot where once the hard blown bag variety once stood my hair on end with joy (listen to Davy Spillane). Black Bear has always given me spine tingle and I love to hear it as part of a march-off!
Since a mere lad I've been able to pick music up just by listening carefully and my memory sticks in a place where it can easily get out to my fingers. My grandfather was the same and I still have his guitar that survived WWII.
Thank you for that Mr new LD. It is beautiful music by both a musician and an instrument new to me. I immensely enjoyed it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:48 PM

Hi LDriver!
Welcome and get stuck in!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Hi Driver, is it ok if I call you that, we've already got one LD and he's too much to deal with as it is hahaha.

Welcome to the forum lad, hope you enjoy your time getting to know us all, it's like getting a new family in here, some arguments but a heck of a lot of love, especially at our times of need. Hope you stick around.

Glad you joined us, it's nice to have a new 'brother'

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top