Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Rant warning

My boss has annoyed me so much I nearly handed my notice in !

He failed to pay me correct hours in July and forgot the tea towel washing payment.
He failed to rectify that and then only paid me 45 hours in september instead of 60 and again forgot the tea towels.

And he texted me half way through my holiday to say I have lost my car parking space and will have to pay to park and walk well over half a mile to and from my car each evening ! Just when its getting dark at night too.

If I swore I'd be swearing now ! How he has the nerve to say whoops it's a mistake I cannot understand. If I put in half effort I'd soon get the sack so why is he allowed to do this ? Aaaarrrgh !!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: Rant warning

Sorry to hear that,Julie...did he give an explanation as of to why you have lost your parking space?....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:21 PM

I presume that you keep and have a record of the hours that you work and the duties you have carried out?

Are you a member of a Trade Union? I'd be looking into whether this boss of yours is engaging in a bit of constructive dismissal by not paying you for the full hours worked and the final insult of losing your parking space. Losing your parking space while you were mid-way through your holiday suggests that to me.

A mate of mine who worked at an electrical wholesalers was made redundant by letter sent to his home while he was on holiday. The rest of the staff were laid off too but they weren't informed of the branch's closure until the weekend before it shut down. We, as customers, knew about the closure before they did. Never underestimate the dirty dealings carried out by some employers.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Send an email thanking your boss for the information about the parking change, but express your safety concerns about the location and ask for a suitable compromise. The word "safety" tends to get action, or at the very least least a response. By sending it, you have your request documented, which in this case could be very important.

Likewise, send an email with specific details about the discrepancy.

Too often, salaried individuals fail to understand how time critical it is for hourly workers to be paid accurately and on time. I doubt it's intentional, just lazy on his part.

Document, document (don't call or text), Julie, and good luck.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:32 PM

Have you considered that this might be a deliberate set of probably ongoing actions in order to get you to resign?

It will be worth keeping a diary so that if it does end up as a case being made for constructive dismissal having contemptuous note to hand would be very much to your advantage.

Stoopid spell check!

That should be contemporaneous and not contemptuous.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Document, document (don't call or text), Julie, and good luck.
Sound advice if I may say so.
And keep hard copy.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My boss has annoyed me so much I nearly handed my notice in !
How far will he/she have to further push you before you do what the boss probably intended and quit?
If the job suits you, try to hang on to it and not quit so he/she can employ a replacement for a smaller hourly rate. That's the way I read between the lines and I hope I am wrong.
Good luck
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 06:07 PM

I'd do this job for free if I could afford to I love the people whose office I clean they are lovely people. I know they appreciate me too they always tell me I'm the best and make sure they do all they can to keep me happy. It's my boss I don't even think he is clever enough to be trying to get rid of me he's totally out of his depth supervising. I'd actually say he's be out of his depth cleaning seeing him trying to wash a carpeted area with a hard floor scrubber And cleaning a desk with a toxic mixture took the entire surface off the laminate

I never answer the phone to him as I can't understand a word he says he has very little English. So I always make sure it's texts so I can at least get some idea what he wants.

The car parking is because the local council has bought the rights to the parking spaces we all use the entire staff are having to find alternative arrangements, no actually the managers are still allowed a space.

It's just I will have a really hard job walking that distance after work I am often in such pain I am on crutches. I manage my pain at work but just this added walk might be too much for me.

It's really just annoyed the hell out of me I don't often get really cross but this has done it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'd do this job for free if I could afford to I love the people whose office I clean they are lovely people. I know they appreciate me too they always tell me I'm the best and make sure they do all they can to keep me happy. It's my boss I don't even think he is clever enough to be trying to get rid of me he's totally out of his depth supervising. I'd actually say he's be out of his depth cleaning seeing him trying to wash a carpeted area with a hard floor scrubber And cleaning a desk with a toxic mixture took the entire surface off the laminate

I never answer the phone to him as I can't understand a word he says he has very little English. So I always make sure it's texts so I can at least get some idea what he wants.

The car parking is because the local council has bought the rights to the parking spaces we all use the entire staff are having to find alternative arrangements, no actually the managers are still allowed a space.

It's just I will have a really hard job walking that distance after work I am often in such pain I am on crutches. I manage my pain at work but just this added walk might be too much for me.

It's really just annoyed the hell out of me I don't often get really cross but this has done it.

Julie, Doesn’t your disability give you extra rights for parking? Surely there is an allocated disabled parking space provided by the council?

Do you think they know, that you occasionally go in a store cupboard to watch a soap on your phone?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Julie, Doesn’t your disability give you extra rights for parking? Surely there is an allocated disabled parking space provided by the council?

Do you think they know, that you occasionally go in a store cupboard to watch a soap on your phone?
Haha I only do that to get a sit down I usually end up working longer than I am paid for as I have to have a rest every so often. If I was more mobile I could finish on time some days.

But no it's a private carpark disability rights end as you enter.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top