Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Re: Rant warning

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Nice idea.

Totally unrealistic.

Then there's the other side of the coin, the boss may be the one to loose his job/contract if he doesn't comply with the wishes of those who employ him.
Then they could let Julie work directly for them, not the nasty wee man.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:32 PM

I was back last night for the first time after a two week holiday and they were all so happy to see me I nearly cried. They have reason to be looking at the mess they have lived with while I was away. Manager actually told them it was my fault I didn't do a proper hand over. My lovely official contact in the offices showed me her email reply to him blasting him for his incompetence because I was there on the friday before I left and no one from the company turned up and expecting me to give up 3 days of my holiday to come in on the monday was ridiculous. They do have my back when chips are down.Thats why I really don't want to leave the job.
How they used 3 boxes of 30 dishwasher tablets while I was away I can't fathom. But i am putting my foot down and not buying any more of them I'll wash up by hand rather than spend more money.

Also parking has been sorted out the accounts manager always goes home at 4pm so he has given me key to use his protected space. Again they have done their best to help me. So another reason I'd like to stay.

We are in a position where the people I clean for have no decision making on who cleans for them they are too part of a large international company and the cleaning is arranged by their head office same company contracted to all their UK businesses.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was back last night for the first time after a two week holiday and they were all so happy to see me I nearly cried. They have reason to be looking at the mess they have lived with while I was away. Manager actually told them it was my fault I didn't do a proper hand over. My lovely official contact in the offices showed me her email reply to him blasting him for his incompetence because I was there on the friday before I left and no one from the company turned up and expecting me to give up 3 days of my holiday to come in on the monday was ridiculous. They do have my back when chips are down.Thats why I really don't want to leave the job.
How they used 3 boxes of 30 dishwasher tablets while I was away I can't fathom. But i am putting my foot down and not buying any more of them I'll wash up by hand rather than spend more money.

Also parking has been sorted out the accounts manager always goes home at 4pm so he has given me key to use his protected space. Again they have done their best to help me. So another reason I'd like to stay.

We are in a position where the people I clean for have no decision making on who cleans for them they are too part of a large international company and the cleaning is arranged by their head office same company contracted to all their UK businesses.
You must be bloody well paid to put up with this crap.

Have you ever analysed the monetary cost / benefit of working where you are?

Then considered what your income would be if you were to be made redundant. Include all Benefits in the calculation and all the job related expenditure that would be removed such as the additional use of your car.

The answer might surprise you. It is quite possible that you are loosing money just to work.

If this is the case then the next step is to stop being the lamppost and start being the dog.

Change your work ethic and have the son of a hitch make you redundant under the terms of your contract of employment. Make sure outstanding holiday is included along with any other related entitlements.

I have no doubt this would not come easy however the stress that you are obviously experiencing should also be included in the rest of the costs of being employed.

It's easy for me to sit and dole out advice when it's not me with my balls to the barbeque, and I'm probably a very different personality, but maybe it's of some use having a very different perspective on this.

Just PLEASE don't let this obvious POS get away with being such a putz.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Then there's the other side of the coin, the boss may be the one to loose his job/contract if he doesn't comply with the wishes of those who employ him.
Then they could let Julie work directly for them, not the nasty wee man.
Yeah. Right.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 01:09 PM

NMW is what I get but because I am just under the rate to pay NI if I lose my job I get nothing from benefits at all. My husband might be able to claim something but he was told a while ago he'd need to cut his hours to do so as they consider him to be earning enough because he works so many hours. Its an odd system we have that if you work more hours you are considered to be OK when you only work them so you can pay your bills

But the benefit of working there ..... well I get to see some lovely people and chat to many of them so socially it's good for me. I have to walk around for 3 hours so that's exercise and physically good for me. I learn patience from dealing with the manager too so that's good for me too in a twisted sort of way.

I've always considered work good for people particularly ones like me who would left to their own devices become a stay at home not talking to anyone but my loved ones.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 06:33 PM

Julie, I’m glad some things have been sorted out for you. How is your husband now, has he recovered from his awful injuries?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yeah. Right.
FHS. Quit harping on everything I post.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
FHS. Quit harping on everything I post.
It's not a deliberate campaign, it just seems that I have a different viewpoint.

In this case my comment was because I don't like people.

I've found that most are selfish, unreliable (unless a thing is of value to them), and hypocritical. Hence my "yeah, right" to your suggestion that they could be expected to help.

It's a philosophy that's served me well. It saves being disappointed when some SOB shafts you. At least you can have made plans to deal with being let down by strictly limiting how much you depend on people to do things - and ALWAYS have contingency at hand.

In management it's called loss planning. I learned it as a kid years before I even heard what it was called.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top