Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 08:39 PM

Smart Chopper!

Do you really need 'Smart Chopper @ $80.00 sale price $39.97?

It is a white bowl with a Grater in the lid
A simple Grater@ £5.00 does the same thing.

We all have so many unused kitchen and other gadgets.

The most talented Chefs only use very sharp knives ,usually Japanese caterers knives, that last a lifetime
Also a large steel whisk that takes seconds to whisk eggs or batter.
For Parties they will use a large Commercial Food Mixer
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Re: Smart Chopper!

As I got older I stopped buying kitchen gadgets, best thing I did buy was a power air fryer, most the time never use big oven unless family are coming. It has a rotisserie and meat comes out just beautiful, the cracklings on pork is out of this world. The rotisserie basket for chips is great nice crispy on the outside fluffy on the in side. Most my other stuff I have had for years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2019, 09:47 PM

We have a plastic container with a grater in the lid, sort of a tupperware type thing. Didn't cost $80 that's for sure.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 07:45 AM

I am a bit prissy about my kitchen - any thing that ventures in there has to earn it's keep! That is why it takes me a while to decide whether or not to buy things like the Spiralizer and the Vacuum Packer - both good investments as it happens.

Other than that my equipment is quite basic - a selection of lethally sharp knives, balloon whisks in various sizes, a blender, Pestle and mortar for spices, mezzaluna for herbs, and a couple of graters. I love to cook!

I have a friend whose kitchen looks like something from an Ideal Home exhibition - with every new gadget on the market. A mini Barista, Food processors, Slow cookers, Microwave, Remosca, Dry fryer - you name it she has one. She and her husband live on Cup-s-Soup with sandwiches for lunch, and Slimming World ready meals for dinner!

Makes me weep!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Ah yes, how many times have some of us been seduced by the IHE demos, and bought something totally unwanted, unnecessary, un-needed, impractical, space hogging, expensive crap? Lol. Yep, I have.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 12:49 PM

We changed from a steel upright grater to a plastic bowl with grater in the lid when Grace wanted to start cooking it is much easier to use and safer IMO only cost about £4 in B and M cooking department.
We have a small kitchen so anything we buy has to work and be used a lot or it just crowds us out. If something is great we often have two one at home and one for the caravan. Soup makers graters toasters toasty maker etc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top