Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Come On, Tell The Truth...Have You Ever Dodged Somebody?

You know, you will bump into someone in the supermarket who will chat incessantly about themselves to kingdom come! Or a phone call from someone who says, they are in the area and they would call in for a cuppa and a chat.

I confess, l did it today. A friend left a message on my answerphone to say they are in the area and they would call in to see me. Eeeeek, l couldn’t stick it! They would chat for England about boring stuff, l’d heard a million times before and would stay for hours!
A quick ring to my daughter, ‘Please can l hide at your house for a couple of hours?’

So over l went and came home when the coast was clear! Yes, you can say l’m horrid but I just couldn’t endure it! I would prefer to invite people here, not them just arrive.

So l ask, have you ever dodged someone?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Re: Come On, Tell The Truth...Have You Ever Dodged Somebody?

Arty, if that's the way you treat your friends, I would not want to be your enemy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Yes. My pal in Perth used to think she had nothing better to do than drop in and sit in my house from about 1pm right up till around 10pm when I would take her home. I got so sick of it I would pack the dog in the car and a packed lunch and just take off. I ended up having to tell her to phone me when she wanted to visit as I was out so much. She sometimes meets me for coffee when I'm in Perth now but no way will I let her come to my house, I'd never get her to go home. It used to cause me all sorts of problems as I had a busy life and ended up having to cancel things I was going to be doing as she had her bum superglued to my couch. I used to feel guilty for wanting her to go, but now, It's meet me for coffee in the Town..... And that's it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Arty, if that's the way you treat your friends, I would not want to be your enemy.
Spitty, I am the most friendliest person ever but some people outstay their welcome.
I would prefer to invite people to my home, not them just arrive when they want to.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes. My pal in Perth used to think she had nothing better to do than drop in and sit in my house from about 1pm right up till around 10pm when I would take her home. I got so sick of it I would pack the dog in the car and a packed lunch and just take off. I ended up having to tell her to phone me when she wanted to visit as I was out so much. She sometimes meets me for coffee when I'm in Perth now but no way will I let her come to my house, I'd never get her to go home. It used to cause me all sorts of problems as I had a busy life and ended up having to cancel things I was going to be doing as she had her bum superglued to my couch. I used to feel guilty for wanting her to go, but now now It's meet me for coffee in the Town..... And that's it.
Thank You, Roxy. You make me feel better as you know what it’s like.

The friend has just messaged me to say, he visited some other friends on his way home!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:16 PM

I dodge someone, simply because I cannot afford them the time they deserve.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:21 PM

I had someone I hadn't seen for over 30 years turn up unannounced at my door, I ignored them though they knew I was in. Hopefully they got the message.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-09-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I had someone I hadn't seen for over 30 years turn up unannounced at my door, I ignored them though they knew I was in.
How did you recognise them?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Memory plus my idiot BIL had given them my address without asking if it was ok.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Oh my life
YES!
I swerve the undesirable in my life ALL the time!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top