Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 01:16 PM

Re: Come On, Tell The Truth...Have You Ever Dodged Somebody?

I actively avoid everybody, I'm severely antisocial

I don't answer the door without looking out the upstairs window to see who it is. I never answer my landline, I let the answerphone get it. I only answer my mobile if I recognise the number.

When out with the dog I usually manage to avoid the annoying people although occasionally I've been stuck between a rock and a hard place and have had to decide which is the lesser of the 2 evils. Sometimes I'll see an undesirable heading my way so I get my mobile out and pretend to be speaking to someone on it and just raise a hand and nod as the undesirable gets close.

As for do people avoid me...I bloody hope so
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 01:21 PM

I always look out when I am leaving home I just don't have time to stop and hear all the complaints various neighbours have about very little really.
I avoid phone calls from various people as it's not possible to hold people to their word without things in writing.
I avoid the dog down the road it's a menace.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I actively avoid everybody, I'm severely antisocial

I don't answer the door without looking out the upstairs window to see who it is. I never answer my landline, I let the answerphone get it. I only answer my mobile if I recognise the number.

When out with the dog I usually manage to avoid the annoying people although occasionally I've been stuck between a rock and a hard place and have had to decide which is the lesser of the 2 evils. Sometimes I'll see an undesirable heading my way so I get my mobile out and pretend to be speaking to someone on it and just raise a hand and nod as the undesirable gets close.

As for do people avoid me...I bloody hope so
Admire your honesty Nicol. It's normal behaviour down here

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top