Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 06:28 PM

Re: Writing a CV

Well I never got any qualifications while at school! I left before the others stayed on to do their GCSEs, only gaining two at adult education classes, in Human Biology (of all things, but it was interesting), and English Language.

However, the lack of such qualifications while at school has not held me back and I finished my working life as a senior Secretary. I think I did pretty well in my ?44 years at work.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed. A useful link .....

Here's another one:

https://www.personalcareermanagement...-the-over-50s/

Here's a CV template:

https://www.fish4.co.uk/career-advic...r-cv-template/

Great. Both saved thanks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Thanks for all the positive comments, everyone,
It’s still very much a work in progress, but I don’t think I’m far off, the other thing is , I’m not sure what I want to do, anything really, my only criteria is no weekends, evenings, and definitely not shifts, I just want to enjoy what I do...
This might be your only set-back Primus. I have also been looking for part time work but find that most employers want you for a few hours each day rather than say a couple days per week. I feel that if you have to work every day, then it interferes with being semi-retired because obviously you will want to do certain things, go out for days etc. Some part time work also includes working a Saturday when required.

This what I have found locally anyway but hopefully you will have more luck. You can sign up to job sites on line and get daily job updates in your area. I have also created another email address so that my regular one doesn't get full of spam.

Good luck.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Primus1

Don't want to put you off but you should be aware. We had our own company and had CV's coming out of our ears on a daily basis. What happens is those on benefits have to prove they are seeking work even if they don't want to.
So firms get flooded with them and easy to spot as they all had the same content. ones to us just went in the bin.

Your best bet is find companies looking for staff and send your CV to them and not waste on random off chances
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 07:42 PM

I think it's perfectly acceptable these days to put under the heading EDUCATION: (ie. before your proper first job)
University of life 1953 - 60 Qualifications gained - a stoic work ethic and respect for my superiors

That should get their attention
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 08:07 PM

^^^^^
Sounds good, Rhianl
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 08:19 PM

Thanks again all, rhian, I might just try that
Interestingly, we have just returned from our weekly supermarket shop, one of the ladies on the checkout ( whom we’ve come to know over the last year or so) told me that she’ll look out for a job for me nearer the time, apparently you can more or less choose your own hours, just shows there are opportunities out there....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:32 PM

Yep, at this age, the last thing you need to achieve employment is a CV.
Better off with a bit of checkable patter.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Well no 1 son has just done my cv for me, he has done a very good job, better than anything I could ever have done,

I think I can now work for NASA....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:41 PM

Having you considered temping? It's varied, can be interesting, and you can specify when you are available for work. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top