Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 01:52 PM

Re: Old skool fings.

Originally Posted by Omah ->
You'd be surprised:

Liberace - In Concert (Vinyl) £16.49 on Ebay

Well there you go. I shall have to have a sort through my Tee shirts now.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 02:56 PM

I still have my skool report books, from both junior & senior skools. No idea why I keep them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 03:06 PM

I still have my pocket size English and French dictionaries from my schooldays. I still occasionally use the English one but haven't touched the French one for years.

I also have a collection of our monthly school magazines which still get looked at now and then.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 08:44 AM

Got an incredible Slide Rule in my Desk Drawer.

My Grandchildren & GGC ask me how it works.....does the screen light up?

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:51 AM

I don't have a turntable or a Hifi but I still hang on to my old vinyl collection.

Interestingly .... vinyl outsold CDs this year..

go figure .. !
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 09:59 AM

I still have a couple of cassette players, one still new in it's box. A lot of my Audio Books are on Cassette and I still love to listen to then if I'm knitting. I bought a spare one several years ago for if and when the one in use now decides to give up the ghost. I knew they would be impossible to get soon so I bought it and bunged it in the bottom of the wardrobe till it's needed..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Old school things?
Trousers. Now we're all expected to wear a dress aren't we, male or female?
I think there's a conspiracy to get rid of the male species as we know it dreamt up by snowflakes.

Back to the real topic...Just got rid of my vinyl but repaired my turntable. Soon I'll be collecting again, starting with the Pink Floyd catalogue and then gradually getting hold of my top 100 albums of all-time on vinyl.
Vinyl is no longer old skool, it's cutting edge technology in these days of the woke!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 10:57 AM

I still have a book presented to me at Christmas 1940 from Sunday School "The Roving Traders" Some of the words in this book used today would be called 'Racist remarks' I also have a Family Bible which belonged to my Great Great Grand Mother and is dated 1835.
I also have around a hundred music cassettes and about the same number of videos, Mostly railway and airplanes.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Got an incredible Slide Rule in my Desk Drawer.

My Grandchildren & GGC ask me how it works.....does the screen light up?

Me too. A Thornton thing. There was something comforting about a slide rule, you could sorta feel the numbers prolly 'cos it was basically analogue. Also brilliant for quick and dirty estimates.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2019, 02:13 PM

I wish I had kept my old Mamod Steam Engines....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top