Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:52 AM

Re: TV Newspaper reviews

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I went off him when he started drowning young kids on Tiswas doing the bucket of water song.
Murdering b*****
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:56 AM

She's lucky not to be arrested and charged with slander, had it been a white person criticising a black person they would already be stood on the gallows.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Murdering b*****

Same goes for Chris Tarrant and Bob 'Spit The Dog' Carolgees (what a huge talent that guy was! lol).
Sally James was gorgeous though. For a 12-year old boy she and Debbie Harry sure knew how to encourage the purpose of my puberty
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I went off him when he started drowning young kids on Tiswas doing the bucket of water song.
I bet they were all 'White kids'....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
She's lucky not to be arrested and charged with slander, had it been a white person criticising a black person they would already be stood on the gallows.....
Absolutely. Isn't it funny how equality often goes out of the window depending on whom we are supposedly persecuting?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I bet they were all 'White kids'....
Yes, white Northern boys who went to state schools and whose dad's didn't have personalised number plates and who shopped at Spar.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:03 PM

I don't like her continuous sarcasm and smug manner, SSG. She really does think she knows it all, doesn't she? She needs taking down a peg or two, but I do actually agree that the BBC should relax their rules a little.
As I said, the ITV news team are completely different (on GMB anyway). It's a wonderfully fun and vibrant programme whereas the BBC news is terribly outdated with it's staid, dull presenters.
And why do they need two presenters anyway? Have you noticed they only even read a sentence each, to-ing and fro-ing between cameras? What's all that about?
That's quite true Floydy, It has always irritated me how two of them sit there and relate a sentence each about the same news item, whilst reading from the autocue.

And yes, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, it's ITV for me too. Piers Morgan often has me almost spluttering my cup of tea!! How he gets away with half of what he says amazes me. I often feel so sorry for those he is grilling.
He is merciless, whether the guest is from the government, parliament, opposition parties or Brexit party, he goes in for the kill every time.

Which makes me feel like a hypocrite in this respect, because I have never sent in a complaint about him, even though he is ten times worse than Naga Munchetty.

I wonder why that is? Perhaps it's his personality and the fact that people expect nothing less from him.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-09-2019, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's quite true Floydy, It has always irritated me how two of them sit there and relate a sentence each about the same news item, whilst reading from the autocue.

And yes, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, it's ITV for me too. Piers Morgan often has me almost spluttering my cup of tea!! How he gets away with half of what he says amazes me. I often feel so sorry for those he is grilling.
He is merciless, whether the guest is from the government, parliament, opposition parties or Brexit party, he goes in for the kill every time.

Which makes me feel like a hypocrite in this respect, because I have never sent in a complaint about him, even though he is ten times worse than Naga Munchetty.

I wonder why that is? Perhaps it's his personality and the fact that people expect nothing less from him.
Lol yes
But with Morgan you know that he is being completely honest and maybe that's why he is 'untouchable'. ITV have great viewing figures because of him and he is almost always correct in what he is saying. Tough on the guests if they are not prepared for a grilling. That's why he gets on with Trump and Farage. People who also speak their minds without beating around the bush or are worried about what people say.
Yes, he's full of himself and that's his downside but at least he makes a joke of it while Susanna sits there all pretty giving her due worth and opposing him steadfastly.
Trouble is on Friday we're back to that dull presenter who does Tipping Point. He is BBC material!

Louise Minchin looks like she's had a bottle of wine every morning for breakfast. All she does is giggle like a little schoolgirl - a public one at that
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 02:17 PM

You're no doubt right Floydy. I turn to ITV on Thursdays and Fridays, forgetting for a moment that Piers is absent, and turn the channel over. It just isn't the same without him. He asks the questions that people want him to, and although the discussions get very heated, he is not afraid to ask them.

Very entertaining but I do appreciate that Piers is not everyone's cup of tea.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 04:16 PM

Lenny Henry is always right at the forefront of anything approaching criticism of black people.
Hate to say it mate but he's almost a racist himself
Now where is the uproar when black people get their own music awards, own barbers shops....I thought they fought so hard to get rid of discrimination yet they are segregating themselves now!
I feel exactly the same about Yasmin Alibhai-Brown with her permanent extra large chips on both shoulders. She comes across to me as someone permanently angry and who can't stand living here, but was glad to accept 'our' rescue from Idi Amin's clutches.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top